Can't pair both Power and Controllable signals separately [August 2021] [1.16.0]

Similar for me, this “update” is still showing the bug introduced in May ?
Apple TV. Garmin V3 pedals, Polar HRM, Kinetic Road machine Control, Companion App iPhone 6s

Need to re-pair trainer for Power from Trainer first, then select V3 power pedals second for power and cadence
If I pair V3 pedals ( with are remembered on boot by default after boot) the trainer is NOT shown in the control section despite several minutes wait.

im not sure if this is the same issue, but when I am in Workout mode the cadence is all over the place, my Kickr v5 is not adjusting the resistance at all, so I have no idea what power I am doing so no point doing the workout. if in Just Ride mode, the trainer does not feel any different whether going up hill, down hill or flat. It was fine then one day not fine. I have unpaired and reset everything, it shows up as Controllable, but just cant seem to get them to talk to each other properly.

3 Likes

I’m running it on Apple TV, I can pair trainer (Kickr v5) and it says controllable. I dont have a second power meter. But the resistance isn’t changing when in ERG mode, and in Just Ride mode there is no change regardless of uphill or down.

1 Like

I have Kickr Bike and it will not even show Bluetooth on Controller (it did before the update in July) so I can’t use my steering function anymore. My computer is a MacBook Pro running Big Sur on the latest release. @shooj Please respond - getting frustrated that this controller issue continues - go back and look at the merge code from your git / bitbucket repository and determine the change that is causing the fault with controllers pairing with BlueTooth

2 Likes

my post recently got removed for calling them out for not having a VCS system in place and not running a diff before they commit their codes. (they said I was attacking too personally shrugs)

This isn’t a baseless claim as I’ve noticed they tend to have small visual related bugs whenever they launch new frames/wheels. This kind of error should have been weeded out when doing a proto build with a simple diff before checking in.

Zwift, is this constructive enough?

It is as simple as, shelve proto code → assign dev lead to look at the shelveset → commit after code review.

This will weed out all small errors before they even reach a hypothetical QA system.

2 Likes

I have Kurt Kinetic Smart Trainer. I was off Zwift for a few months. About 10 days ago I got back on. At the outset of logging in, the program says it pairs with the trainer. However, there is no resistance on grade increases. Please help because without the increase, the program is useless. Also, I use an iPad.

Thanks

1 Like

Is there any hope for a resolution to the in-game sensor dropping issue? It’s really screwing up total TSS scores for structured workouts. My watch reads the power data simultaneously just fine, so it’s not the power meter source - it’s Zwift.

This is in addition to the still-persisting game initiation controllable and PM pairing issue thats been a problem for months now.

Is this thread dead or is anyone still listening?

1 Like

Here is my solution, and honestly it sucks but works. I unpaired the Wahoo from the trainer. I unpair my Garmin watch from the trainer. Reboot the Ipad. I can then get Zwift to pair with the Wahoo Kikr. Then I can repair my garmin with the trainer until the next ride.

I wish Zwift would tell us about this issue - I believe it is the new Bluetooth Low Energy pairing they are doing which is limiting the ability to pair with multiple devices. Instead of using forums, tell us through Eric S’s communication.

1 Like

I use a Kurt Kinetic smart trainer. I use an iPad for Zwift. After being off for about a month, about 10 days ago, I decided to get back on Zwift. It appeared that everything was properly paired, but when I rode the trainer would not increase its tension when the grade increased. I cannot get it to tighten the tension on the back wheel when the grade increases. Please help.

Same issues.

My setup is as below :
Trainer: Wahoo KICKR Smart Trainer (KICKR Version: 5) Firmware v4.2.1
Zwift: 1.16.1 (Aug 25)
Zwift Companion app
Apple TV 4K running latest version
Wahoo Tickr Heart Rate monitor
55 inch Sony LED TV

I am going to experiment with running Zwift on iPhone XS and using Apple TV to mirror screen on the Sony TV. hope that works

Apologies, I downloaded the latest ipad version on Saturday and if I connected power source to power pedals, cadence to tacx, control would then let me select tacx. I then went back to cadence and chose power pedals. I then selected BT hr monitor and I’m pleased to say everything worked like it used too! Whoop whoop!

Then this morning I did the same sequence with Apple TV but when I first enter the zwift app I also had to start the companion app on my Android phone so they paired before running the sequence above.

Once android paired and zwift was set up I then connected my Bluetooth headphones to listen to music on the android phone.

I hope this helps

Same issue here. Zwift sees Kickr as a controllable device, as well as a power source. Zwift sees Quarq PM as a power source, but not a cadence source. If I select the Quarq as the power source, then it shows up in the cadence menu as a selectable device. Quarq battery fresh, broadcasts fine to garmin head unit.

Zwift version 1.16.2
iPad Pro 5th gen, and 3rd gen. IOS 14.7.1
Quarq D4,
Kickr 2017

I still can’t pair my wahoo tickrx to the Run. Have not been able to run in zwift since your update and even with your receht fixes. This is very frustrating.

@shooj any update on this?

This is still unresolved for me. I have a workaround, but it’s absurd to do this EVERY TIME I start a ride.

On pairing Screen:
1 - select Wahoo as Power Source
2 - select Wahoo as Controllable.
3 - Go back and select Garmin Rally pedals as power source (Wahoo remains the "controllable device)
4 - select Rally for cadence
5 - ride

IF I select Rally as my Power Source to begin with, then the Wahoo is not visible for the “Controllable” device. It only shows up as Controllable if it’s the Power Source. However, it “remembers” that it’s the controllable when I switch the Power Source. It’s a ridiculous dance. Clearly Zwift can (and does) use the Wahoo as the controllable, and the Rally as the Power Source and cadence. You just have to cast a magic spell of doing things in just the right order. Zwift simply needs to show the Wahoo as a selectable controllable even if it’s not the Power Source. This has been this way for way too many releases now.

2 Likes

Same issue

1. Running Zwift in updated iPad with Tacx smart trainer
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Yes

But I have to follow the workaround each time I log in whereas previously it was automatic.

Same problems running on ipad pro, ios. Answers below:

1. ios
  2. yes
  3. yes.
  4. Yes but it does not work. I paired both power and controllable trainer to my Kickr, and then unpaired the power for the kickr and connected to my external powermeter. The connection remained but following a workout in ERG mode was not possible, the trainers resistance was not adjusting according to the workout.

I have exactly this issue using Windows 10, Garmin Vector pedals, and TACX Flow Smart Trainer.

1. Windows 10 , stages sb20, BT
    2 - 4 all mostly yes but a bit variable

or alternatively I can pair the controllable using ANT+ which still appears.