Can't follow more than 5000 friends

How many people are you following? Zwift just put a 5000 person limit on.

We should still be allowed to Follow Back anyone who begins a follow on us. It’s the social thing to do.

The current setting is like letting someone stalk us without being able to see them. Are we supposed to force-end-following any new followers???

This cannot be allowed to continue. :angry:

1 Like

Hi all,

Now i’m following around 4700 and now I can add people , but with 4800 I couldn’t, if the limit is 5000 or 4800 or whatever I think that makes sense massive remove of following people by contions like people unsuscribed o people who does not follow you an so on (or without limit too), I think that Zwift could improve the managment of following and followers.

Thank you

I follow more than 5000 people… :frowning_face:
So no more friends on Zwift i guess… :rage:

Thanks Zwift :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :broken_heart:

1 Like

Same here

Is Zwift working on code that will enable to manage our followers in an easy manner. Currently we can see who we follow but there’s no easy way to tell if they follow us back. (Open their list - look for my name - if they have many … too cumbersome & slow).

It’s very frustrating - I currently have about 50 new followers that I can’t be social with …

Ideally, the management tool should be web-based. Please let us know what is being done and considered.

2 Likes

I am suffering the same problem and I’m not even near the 5000 cap. I have built my following through supportive Ride Ons, and then people send me a Follow Request. I accept it and then I go to extend the courtesy and it will highlight blue, but not allow a follow back. Started for me just a day ago. App has been updated for over a week now so it wasn’t because of that.

Using an iPhone on latest iOS.

@Olden_Grumpini all I can say is thank goodness you and I were connected before all of this nonsense started. :blush::blush::+1:t2: You were one of my first followers and I was happy to connect back.

As a follow up point, this is kinda bull crap. Because I remember coming across a few people that have over 30,000 and 50,000 people they were following. Did Zwift do a clean sweep of their accounts? It wouldn’t seem right that we can’t follow back people that follow us. Isn’t that the meaning “Social”?

P.S. sorry, not to double dip in a thread. But I also find it frustrating that when setting up a Meet-Up, when you can only select people who follow you, why it doesn’t load your whole list of followers as you scroll. Some weeks I would like to mix it up wth who I invite. But I pretty much get the same group of people so select. :cry:

1 Like

I’m following 4,426 and have 1086 followers. Are you saying it is a combined total?

Either way, I think it is a garbage limit when this is meant to be a social platform and I don’t see Instagram, Facebook or YouTube limiting how many people I can follow or who can follow me and they are leaders in Social?
Can we get some paid subscription love here? :blush: Meaning if this was a free service, have at it putting limits on us. But it’s not and with over 600,000 subscribers, this is the kinda cash flow that should be able to fix a problem like this without hassling the paying user. Especially without programming in a notice so you are not hiding behind people fumbling around not certain why the app is not working like it used to. It’s like you are not brave enough to tell us up front that you did this, “even if just temporary”. Please show us some love :heart:.
Thank you

2 Likes

Pending requests to follow also count. So if you have 574 pending approvals from private accounts to allow you to follow them you are at the cap.

1 Like

Any idea how I can see those and remove them since they may not be seeing my request or not interested which is fine. But for now I can clear the slate on them for now.

I did go through and “favorited” all my followers so I could do some “housecleaning” on those I follow and maybe purge some. :cry::cry::cry:

But it is kind BS right. Because I love encouraging people and a lot of people I follow are fellow Canadian Cyclists. I’ve been cycling for 40 years and I know the value in supporting all levels of effort. Take the example I’m posting here. I can’t follow this guy!!! :worried::worried: But why wouldn’t I when his story is so inspirational. I would want to give him a ride on or include him in a meet-up as he continues his new journey of health.

Come on Zwift, you’ve got the server power and the cash flow to fix this Social problem please. :cry::heart::cry:

3 Likes

Will this problem be fixed any time soon???

Hello, please respond and inform us as to what Zwift is doing about this problem that is probably affecting 1000s of users.

Could everyone who is affected please like this post and bring it to the top of their to-do list.

Preferably give a us a web-based solution to manage our followers and followees.

RSVP.

1 Like

Hi @Stu_Lamonte

It is a 5000 follower limit set by Zwift, it is not a bug.

2 Likes

I am sure it’s not 1000’s

Not sure why anyone would want to follow that many people, I just follow people I know and a few pros.

There are much more pressing issues than how many people you can follow (Save without exit, Family accounts, new UI, Racing and many more).

6 Likes

This is so annoying that pending requests count against 5000 we can follow; and I have no way to regain them. :frowning: We should have some way to cancel those pending requests that will not be accepted or we choose to cancel…

1 Like

I’m with you on this one. I’m not sure what the benefit of having 5000+ followers is. It’s not like you can have a friendship with all of them.

5 Likes

Seems this is still an issue. I started to get this a few weeks ago on companion app. Android and follow less than 5k users.

Works ok following users from Zwift though, after the ride is complete and before the event is saved.

I see this problem started in April 20. Now, I have problem in April 23. I think it started April Fools Day, actually. Is this some sort of joke?

Hi @Pat_b2

Yes it look like you are at the limit of following people. Time to remove those that you are only interacting with once per week.