Cant connect my dell laptop

I have downloaded ZC on my samsung tablet, my galaxy S8, and on my dell laptop running windows 10, and i cant get to connect my laptop via bluetooth, even being on, the app says is off, and doesn’t recognize any of the sensors or my wahoo kickr.
any directions, greatly appreciated

The Zwift Companion App connects to the Zwift app across your local network, not Bluetooth. You need to make sure that the device running the ZCA and the one running the Zwift app are connected to the same router.

If you are just trying to connect the Kickr to the Dell running the Zwift app you need to make sure it is running the latest version of Windows 10 and has Bluetooth 4.0 or higher with the most recent driver. I would suggest an ANT+ dongle with a USB extension for a more robust setup.

1 Like

Use an ANT+ USB Stick for Windows.

thanks to Paul and Ben, Yes, I am on the same network.
the ANT stick connects all the sensors in a different way than bluetooth, which connection is more stable?
And its crazy, but with phone only I was able to work out good yesterday, as a try in, only thing is to cast to tv, has frozen a couple of times, and to be honest is very uncomfortable to be using the phone.
wanted to use only tablet or laptop, and connect via HDMI.

In my experience (personal and reading these forums) is that ANT+ is far more stable/robust.

1 Like

im trying an old garmin ANT that came with a sports watch… is that gonna do it?

If it is ANT+ it should, but I would also recommend a USB extension to get the dongle as close to the trainer as possible.

1 Like

ohh my, it does… great, its really good to find people willing to help, while no luck with customer support.
I really appreciate it.!!

1 Like

Zwift Customer Support is swamped right now and the forum users are trying to help out as much as we can.

Ride On!

3 Likes

Bluetooth should also work, but you need to have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, and if the Dell Notebook is older, it’s likely the BT chip is a lower version.
Also Windows has it’s problems with BLE, that’s why on Win ANT+ is better.

2 Likes