Can we have sunny day time?

Hi I am new to Zwift and one part of it I am really hating is that every ride I do seems to be predominantly at night or in very dull dark conditions. Is there no option to have sunny weather throughout? It’s certainly what I prefer when I ride outdoors so goodness knows why any developer would try to emulate the exact opposite for indoor training. Has anyone found a way round this?

Welcome to the Forums, Nadine.
This is just a Hallowe’en thing. It will be back to normal on Monday (we can hope).

3 Likes

See: No rain and darkness, please!

Give it a vote.

5 Likes

I can fully understand this desire, Ole. Unfortunately, I think that the developers are quite proud of their night time (and wet weather) effects, so won’t renounce them without a fight. :man_shrugging: And it seems that the new Neokyo map, which we can expect to see arrive early November, is going to be night-time all the time. :neutral_face:

As for having perpetual night, along with thunder and lightning, for four or five days solid… it’s kind of weird. I feel for people like @Nadine_Ramsdale who have just joined and have this as their sole experience so far.
(Hallowe’en is apparently a HUGE thing in the US. It hardly exists out here, other than as an extension of the US cultural export.)

3 Likes

France and Paris are permanently bright sunshine, could always ride there.

5 Likes

Good point, Dave.
Of course, for a zwift beginner, they’d need to know how to get to those two, which are not standard options this weekend.

This page gives some tips: How to ride any Zwift course at any time using the <world> tag hack | Zwift Insider (but if using Apple TV, iPad OS, iOS or Android, creating a Meet-Up is the only way).

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks. Those places rarely seemed to be available on the days I have ridden. That’s another frustration tbh as would like more options and not have it restricted!

Yeah it’s a long term complaint. For many years there was only one world to choose from, then it went to Watopia+guest, now there’s two guest worlds. The official line was always that HQ were concerned the less popular worlds would feel empty, but i think most people consider the platform is busy enough is at all times to justify having full choice.

Perhaps it’ll come in with the new user interface that was previewed a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

You started that oct 2018!
There’s been a lot of rain since then.

1 Like

Yes. It has. The thing with these feature requests is that they are forgotten. There are usually some comments right after it is created and that is it.

This topic is very subjective and I understand both sides. People from sunny places will appreciate some rain to mix it up. People like me, who have more than enough rain, snow, and little daylight, appreciate having a sunny environment in Zwift.

1 Like

Please tell the developers we don’t like their nasty weather! I’m on my 14 day trial and I find the nasty weather intolerable! I love everything else about zwift but being stuck in a stormy night ride is NOT why I’m here :frowning: I don’t think I’ll pay for a membership… I’ll probably move to another app, while not as good, I’d at least like to support an app that listens to it’s users.

Most of the worlds have no rain and several have no night. I just wish it would rain inside the volcano. That would be great.

I just got a Wahoo trainer about a week ago… I’m new to Zwift and still on my trial… I HATE the ugly weather! Seriously, why can’t we just have beautiful perfect sunshine the entire time? I’m on here to lift my spirits and escape a cold dreary winter day… For real though! This is stupid that there’s not an “Always Sunny” option! I find the nasty weather and night time so annoying and depressing here in zwift, I’ll probably cancel my membership after the trial. Seriously, it would be so simple to make it always day and always nice weather!!!

2 Likes

Did you know: Night lasts about 12 minutes, day lasts about 20-25 minutes, so a full cycle takes 30-40 minutes.

So during your ride you would see a sunrise and sunset.

There is worlds that doesn’t cycle day and night and it also doesn’t rain, those words have a very static feel, the weather add another dimension to the game.

2 Likes

Cancelling your membership because you don’t like the variations in weather.
That’s the definition of fickle.
Wonder what the reaction is if a real life ride is weather affected.

5 Likes

France and Paris is always sunny
Neokyo is always night time
The visuals also change in a lot of places when it is night time, like the villages in Makuri and the climb through the forest, at night so many new things come alive. The top of the Sgurr in Scotland has constellations at night and northern lights, it is really cool.

1 Like

In your opinion. I can totally see why others may want nothing but sun. Where I live you can go weeks in the winter without seeing the sun, just grey skies and gloom. So when you hop on Zwift and 5min into a Fondo ride it starts to rain (like it did for me the other day) it can be a mental kick to the morale.

6 Likes

And then you’d get many others, myself included, asking to bring back the occasional nighttime and even more occasional rain. (And I have no idea how easy it would be to program the software to allow user-independent weather…might be quite hard, might be easy.)

Some things in computer games are not user-configurable. It’s absolutely your call about how much you want to let that affect your enjoyment of Zwift.

I realize it may be difficult to allow users to have their own individualized weather in a shared map i.e. multi-player mode.

But I guarantee you, it’e NOT difficult for them to set a map to always sunny.

I know they have Paris but that map is kinda ugly and boring.

They could easily setup a version of Watopia that’s always sunshine and butterflies. Sure, it would reduce the number of riders in each world cause they’d be split between the two. But I honestly believe the majority of users would prefer an always sunny option. We might not use it ALL the time. But we should at least be allowed to have the option, especially considering it’s such a simple feature to implement.

I know Paris is always sunny… what other worlds have no rain or night? Thanks!