Can I run Zwift cycling with a chromebook?

Regardless of that, it’s a whole other set of instructions to support x86 cpus. there are additionnals steps to making it work. AND the android product is still in beta - even if it has been for a long while, it does mean : don’t expect it to be perfect.

I would absolutely love to see chromebook support. I have one, it’s the *s–*h-it-. won’t buy another android tablet ever now that they run play store apps. I have the asus core m5 one, flip. runs 9h on battery, can run play store games perfectly and it integrates perfectly with my android phone. much love…

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
implement that, please, lots.

1 Like

wellllllllll
that’s pretty circular reasoning, no offense meant.

you can buy a 150$ tablet with hdmi and if you purchase the right one with proper cpu (zwift has high requirements for tablets), you are good to go…

BUT VERY AGREED, LET’S GET CHROMEBOOK LOVE

2 Likes

I was thinking as much!

1 Like

also interesting to note that a close competitor to zwift which start by “R” works on chromebooks. quite well too…

oh hum

Zwift’s inability to run on Chrome OS as well as ALL devices that run Android is an epic fail. Oh, but come Halloween, get ready for the dumb-ass costume ‘enhancements’. Great way to use your resources Zwift.

3 Likes

Zwift run on my Android OnePlus 5T

Android Supported Devices (UPDATED: Dec 22, 2019)?

Zwift does NOT run on Android enabled chromebooks

1 Like

Sorry I miss understood.

Until IE and Safari support full BLE/ANT+ compatibility cloud based Zwift ain’t gonna happen. I know Google is working on BLE for Chrome but I don’t think Microsoft or Mac cares so it may be further down the line than you’d think.

1 Like

This may have been asked before, but I can’t find any reference. Has anyone had any luck lately running Zwift on NVIDIA Shield TV Pro? The online documentation asserts that it can run games like Fortnite so I am thinking this might be a nice compact option.

Any thought or experience with this would e welcome?

Hello, I don’t think it works, since the processor does not comply with Arm64-v8a ABI (Arm64 architecture), I have tried several options of android tv box, I have not found one that works, apparently the swift apk is only for devices 64-bit.

Hello, a question, is there an android tv box model that works with swift

Just reviving this thread. I don’t really care about the system specs nonsense people are posting here since my pixelbook go is about the same spec as my MacBook Pro which runs Zwift perfectly. The people who are talking about browser support seem to have missed the fact that you can run android apps and Linux apps on chromebooks.

Anyway, back to the point. Zwift still isn’t available in the play store so I tried to get an apk for it that I could install using adb. It can’t be done at the moment since there isn’t an x86 built of zwift, only arm builds. I guess that’s something Zwift has explicitly configured, but if I understand correctly apps published from early 2021 onwards will be required to upload an app bundle that google play will automatically compile for all platforms, which should solve the problem.

In the meantime, it’s pretty trivial to compile a build of Zwift for x86 devices like chromebooks, and it seems like there are a number of interested people, so if Zwift were to create a test bundle for us to try out I’d love to try it out and provide feedback. I’m sure others would too. So please Zwift, help us out, put out an x86 build for us to test.

9 Likes

Same here. Very happy to test.

Yes, the Nvidia Shield but it only accepts Bluetooth connections - no ANT+ on Android (except Samsung). I have it running on my 2017 version.

I’m particularly fed up with the lack of love that Zwift.inc shows devices running Google OSs.

BTW, it’s not “swift” it’s Zwift …with a “Z”

1 Like

Looks like there’s been some progress on this recently. A couple of weeks ago I was able to install the Zwift Android app on my Pixel Slate (ChromeOS x86) directly via Google Play.

It works great. The only issue I found was the sound is a bit dodgy. Even works with an ANT+ dongle in the USB port.

I have a Google Pixelbook (Chrome OS), and still no Zwift in the playstore.

2 Likes

I just noticed Zwift is now available for my Lenovo Duet chrome tab but I’m having an issue where it keeps popping up a prompt for me to enable location which isn’t a setting on ChromeOS

The Location Services message is what I assume you are getting? Interestingly, I have not yet tried to run Zwift on my Acer Spin 713, but I got the same message as you when I loaded and ran Shimano E-tube on my Chromebook. I couldn’t find a way around it so I used my Surface to update my Di2.

Yeah it’s looking for location services which a Chromebook does not have. I haven’t found a way around it either, I’ll message the developers