Calibration for Wattbike Atom

I’m having problems with ftp test. Spinning out when the 20 min section starts. Zwift blaming my brand new bike. I’ve read on other posts that calibration spinning would solve the problem.
This is not available for the Wattbike Atom.

When will it be available Zwift?

My setup is.
Apple TV.

Hi Simon,

I also have a Wattbike Atom/Apple TV setup to run Zwift and have flagged this to Wattbike previously … through process of elimination this is actually an Apple TV/ Bluetooth Protocol issue (so not a direct Wattbike issue)…

I have found that while doing a training plan (inc FTP tests), any ‘Freeride’ block that you enter, the Wattbike Atom will not allow you to change the gears in order to increase the resistance - hence you spin out. but when you got back into a set ERG block, the resistance will come back on no problem.

… However, I can do the same workout using my iPad and everything works fine (and you are able to increase the resistance during the ‘free ride’ sections (or FTP section) …

So, the (not ideal) fix, if you have another device available, is to use an iPad or iPhone to run Zwift for when you know you will be doing workouts which have ‘free ride’ blocks.

I have flagged this to Wattbike support team and I’m sure this will be fixed in future update but it appears to be an isolated Apple TV/Wattbike/Zwift communication issue.

Hope that helps…

did you try to change the resistance using the companion app during the free ride? (I don’t have a watt bike sorry)

Or the on scree arrow buttons? (I could not find a picture).

Thanks Jon,

I can use other another device.

Regards

Simon.

1 Like

Has this been solved yet? Thinking of using Apple TV instead of iPad but not if free ride does not work.

Hi,

I don’t believe this has been solved yet … I haven’t tried a ‘free ride’ block for a while though. I will try and test this if I get the opportunity later tonight and let you know…

Hi all- I just got a Wattbike and discovered this issue when trying to use Zwift via Apple TV. So I guess it hasn’t been fixed yet?

Also I thought I might be able to use the Wattbike gear Buttons to navigate the menus in Zwift- but they don’t work. The Apple TV remote is weirdly patchy - I assume that’s an issue with the Zwift app?

Finally am I right in thinking Ant+ hrms don’t work in this set-up? I can link the HRM to the Wattbike app on iOS, but there is no way for this to transfer over to Zwift as part of the Wattbike devices. Correct?

Cheers