Calibration for Wattbike Atom

I’m having problems with ftp test. Spinning out when the 20 min section starts. Zwift blaming my brand new bike. I’ve read on other posts that calibration spinning would solve the problem.
This is not available for the Wattbike Atom.

When will it be available Zwift?

My setup is.
Apple TV.

Hi Simon,

I also have a Wattbike Atom/Apple TV setup to run Zwift and have flagged this to Wattbike previously … through process of elimination this is actually an Apple TV/ Bluetooth Protocol issue (so not a direct Wattbike issue)…

I have found that while doing a training plan (inc FTP tests), any ‘Freeride’ block that you enter, the Wattbike Atom will not allow you to change the gears in order to increase the resistance - hence you spin out. but when you got back into a set ERG block, the resistance will come back on no problem.

… However, I can do the same workout using my iPad and everything works fine (and you are able to increase the resistance during the ‘free ride’ sections (or FTP section) …

So, the (not ideal) fix, if you have another device available, is to use an iPad or iPhone to run Zwift for when you know you will be doing workouts which have ‘free ride’ blocks.

I have flagged this to Wattbike support team and I’m sure this will be fixed in future update but it appears to be an isolated Apple TV/Wattbike/Zwift communication issue.

Hope that helps…

2 Likes

did you try to change the resistance using the companion app during the free ride? (I don’t have a watt bike sorry)

Or the on scree arrow buttons? (I could not find a picture).

Thanks Jon,

I can use other another device.

Regards

Simon.

1 Like

Has this been solved yet? Thinking of using Apple TV instead of iPad but not if free ride does not work.

Hi,

I don’t believe this has been solved yet … I haven’t tried a ‘free ride’ block for a while though. I will try and test this if I get the opportunity later tonight and let you know…

Hi all- I just got a Wattbike and discovered this issue when trying to use Zwift via Apple TV. So I guess it hasn’t been fixed yet?

Also I thought I might be able to use the Wattbike gear Buttons to navigate the menus in Zwift- but they don’t work. The Apple TV remote is weirdly patchy - I assume that’s an issue with the Zwift app?

Finally am I right in thinking Ant+ hrms don’t work in this set-up? I can link the HRM to the Wattbike app on iOS, but there is no way for this to transfer over to Zwift as part of the Wattbike devices. Correct?

Cheers

Hi

Any news on this? It’s still not fixed. I just did the “Zone Benchmarking” as part of the “Build Me Up” plan

Real pain

Does anyone from zwift actually review these forum posts?

I’ve a Wattbike Atom & Apple TV combo like the other posters on this thread.

I did an FTP test this morning - the ERG worked fine for the ramped warm up but as soon as I hit the 20 mins free ride I lost all resistance and couldn’t physically spin my legs quick enough to generate more than 90w.

I’ll do another one tonight using the wattbike app, but surely that’s not a solution that Zwift should be happy with?

Yes.

When you hit the 20min portion you need to change gears or change the resistance using the incline button on the companion app or you can use the ± keys on the keyboard.

Thanks for your speedy reply Gerrie.

I did try both of those solutions this morning but there was no response from the gears on my wattbike & the incline +/- made little, if no difference at all.

Did you see the orange bar at the top of the screen moving up and down, it is to the right of the center info panel.

You can also use the onscreen buttons.

Any news on this Issue yet, tried a Group Session with my Pals last night all doing the FTP (Shorter) Test, all chatting away lovely till we hit the 20min Test and all I can do on my WattBike is spin at 130 rpm with no resistance.

WattBike Atom & Apple TV, looks like some Issues here…

Any fix on the Horizon??

Thanks

Hi @Mark_Casey_WTC

did you try changing resistance using the companion app or KB or onscreen menu as described above?

Hi Gerrie

No I didnt try that, but will try next time. Although I can use the iPad which sounds like it works ok

This just need fixing rather than trying to find a work around

Thanks

It is not a workaround, Zwift does not know what resistance you need for your the 20min FTP section. If you a lot stronger than last time you need more resistance and when you lost fitness and power you need less.

The Ipad should have the menu at the bottom, so you can use that to change resistance.
So you need to adjust it to fit you specific needs.

I still can’t get this to work. As soon as I hit the 20 min free ride the cadence resistance disappears. I’ve tried to increase the resistance with the +/- buttons, the up/down buttons and the gears on my wattbike but none of them make any difference to the zwift workout. I love everything else about my Wattbike/Apple TV/Zwift setup - just wish I could get the workouts working properly.

1 Like

That is strange , did you see the orange bar move up and down in the top of the screen?

Try a workout with ERG off and see if you can increase the resistance manually

can’t say I noticed the orange bar Gerrie - I’ll give it another go with ERG off in a couple of days

Give it a try @Dave_Dorward

You can use any workout to test, just turn off ERG and play with the buttons.

I don’t have a Wattbike, that picture is with my Saris H3 but it should work the same.

Good luck.

:ride_on:

1 Like