did one of the 10 week FTP builder work outs last night. All worked well but i noticed that despite the cadence sensor showing it was paired it was not correlated to my actual cadence. Rather it was showing a cadence relative to my speed. So at constant power (as set by ERG) if I went up a hill, cadence fell to 50 if I went down a hill cadence went up to 100. All the time my actually cadence was the same (around 80 i would estimate).
I messed around a bit slowing my cadence way down, and then speeding it up and given I was putting out the same power (ERG managed) and therefore was at a constant speed (on the flats) i should have seen a cadence change but didn’t
The good news is that the Kickr was adjusting resistance to my change in cadence to get to a constant power but it just mean the cadence reading on the screen was completely useless for training purpose.