Boring Updates

(Lucio Peterle [ITA] WBR(B)) #1

I’ve lost many planned races because many times at month the software do not start until next update. (every update need about 20minutes in my Country = Italy, but sometimes the update need a double dowload because it freeze at finish…)
This is bad because your software is very good and very stable (no crash in my pc after beta-testing phase).

Please consider to make only one update at month or… backgroud updates (optional for have missions etc…)

(Jon Mayfield) #2

Hi Lucio, we will hopefully allow for delayed updates later this year on Windows or Mac.  On iOS we already allow for this.

What I did notice is that I can see you’re on a very old version of our update software. If you grab the latest Zwift installer from our homepage and install it, it will upgrade the installer to a version that fixes the hang at the end you mention.  Should be much smoother for you going forward, no need for the double download.  A link to the latest downloader is here: http://zwift.com/download/pc   This should be a small download - it is just the updater, not the full game.

I hope soon we can deliver the feature you’re asking for - I think it will be good for everybody.