Bluetooth serial failure has occurred

macOS Big Sur 11.1
latest Zwift launcher & app

Issue: if I have my UE Mega Boom 2 speakers (latest firmware) connected via BT to my Mac, when I launch Zwift, it automatically starts scanning BT devices and encounters “A Bluetooth serial failure”, as per the screenshot attached Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 23.01.31|264x280. Notably, it opens nonstop new windows claiming such a failure Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 10.15.12|690x424.

It seems to me that I cannot disable the BT scanning Zwift performs (I use the ANT+ channel for Zwift), which is something that would fix my problem, I guess.

I have the same problem but I am not on BT and I am on macbook pro. Did you manage to solve this problem at all? For me Zwift is becoming unusable and the intensity of this pop-ups seems to get worst each time I try to log in

1 Like

Dear Laura,

I just gave up hope of being connected to my speakers when zwifting. If you are using the ANT+ signal to stream power and whatsoever just try disabling the BT on your mac before opening zwift and re-enable it afterward.

Best

1 Like

Grazie mille. I’ll try this next time =)

Somewhere on Reddit ( r/Zwift/comments/k4g8s8/bluetooth_serial_failure/, actually), the suggestion was to unpair audio until after pairing bike gear.

That worked for me today!

I also switched to ANT+ and connected all my Wahoo gear (KICKR SNAP, TICKR, RPM) over ANT+ and then paired/connected my Powerbeats to my MacBook. Picked an Music playlist and then pounded out 45 mins on Zwift.

2 Likes

@Rob_C_Neo_2 - couple fixes here for the “Bluetooth Serial Failure” issues.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I have done something similar. I disconnected one of the music devices from the mackbook’s bluetooth and now everything else works like magic.

Thanks for helping, all the Google Searches just returned a lot of technical talks and I couldn’t understand before this thread that the solution was this easy, heheh!

Thanks again,
Laura

I have the same issue when my Aftershokz is connected. It works fine with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. (I’m on a Macbook pro)