Best of races bike restriction?

I am new to Zwift and racing. I recently got the BMC Timemachine01 bike and Shimano C60 tires. When I have entered the past two Best of… series races I am unable to select that bike frame to race with from the garage. I can pick my C60 tires, but I only have access to the Zwift frames. The BMC is in my garage, it just won’t let me select it (the green check mark won’t go on it).

Are there frame restrictions in races that I don’t know about? I can’t find any info that seems to say this is the case. I noticed other riders in the race have non-Zwift frames too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Your BMC Timemachine is a Time Trial (TT) bike. It is probably not advertised in many places but the ZRacing (this month Best of series) doesn’t allow TT bikes.

I thought I was crazy for a minute because I kept seeing others with their non-Zwift bikes and didn’t know why I couldn’t do the same. It all makes sense now. Thank you!!

1 Like

TT bikes also get no draft, so it’s not a good idea to use one in a road race since the group will probably roll away from you. Save it for a TT event.