Beginner 6 week course

Hi I am fairly new to road cycling and loved the idea of training with Zwift over the winter. I completed week 1 day 1 of the 6 week beginner with no problems but I wasn’t able to maintain the strength training on day 2. It was unachievable. It asked for 160 watts of power over several sprints & I couldn’t get anywhere near. Is this the normal expectation for a beginners?

I don’t know if you noticed but when you choose a training workout, to the right you can adjust your FTP. Perhaps your FTP is set too high? You can work you way up from the default, which I believe is 100W? Are you training on the 6 Week FTP workout? After the training sessions, you can then take the 20 min FTP test and see where you’re at and from there Zwift will set your FTP for all your workouts.

Quote from Zwift: “We highly recommend doing one of the FTP tests before starting an in-depth training plan as the estimated FTP can be inaccurate and make the difficulty level of the workouts too high for your current fitness level.”