Auto-Update in background

Hi

Just wondering, is there a way of setting Zwift to auto-update in the background on a schedule?

Got my Dad setup with Zwift at Christmas, and he’s getting frustrated that every couple of weeks, he goes to ride, and has to sit there waiting for an update to apply. I’d like to set his PC so that it completes any updates when he’s not using it, so it’s always up-to-date when he comes to ride?

Is there some option I’ve missed? Or is there some script I can run in Task Scheduler at 02:00 to get the updates?

Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong area, or if it’s been done to death, I’ve searched and can’t seem to find an answer?

Thanks

The launcher starts up in the system tray and the game auto-updates in the background by default, once it’s done then UAC approval is needed to apply the changes which should only take a few seconds (since the downloading and unpacking happened by itself).

Obviously the PC needs to be turned on for this to happen, and user input is required.

Even if you do the update manually it should take no longer than a minute or two (even with a major release), so if it’s taking ages there’s something else in the setup which is slowing it down.