AppleTV keyboard app for your iPhone

Ever wish you had a keyboard for your AppleTV so typing in your username and password wasn’t so annoying?

The Apple TV Remote app connects your AppleTV remote to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch so you can use its keyboard instead.

That sounds great…I’ll give it a try… worth sending out a newsletter to ATV users

2 Likes

Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.

If you prefer not to enter text using the Siri Remote, you can set up a nearby iOS or iPadOS device to share its keyboard whenever a text field appears on Apple TV.

Thanks for the information

Anyone figured out a way to hit ‘e’ as keyboard shortcut on appel tv? Would love to be able ti switch workouts while riding.

No issue for me on user “name” or “password”.
But if you are French user and you have issue to enter your weight, you may be instersted by the following topic :

Ride ON

With iOS 16 and tvOS 16 you can use iCloud passwords. Steps:

1. On the website login and store your credentials in iCloud passwords
  2. Open Zwift on Apple TV
  3. Open the remote app on iOS (for me it’s in the control center as shortcut)
  4. Login on Apple TV
  5. Username will be presented as used recently
  6. Go into password field, now you will see on the remote app on your iPhone a field to type your password. Below it you see “Passwords”
  7. Tap “passwords” (if you don’t see it, go to Home Screen on Apple TV and start Zwift again)
  8. Search Zwift in your iCloud passwords
  9. Password field will be filled with your password.

But please Zwift, keep me logged in on Apple TV! If I don’t use Zwift for a day or two, I am logged out again.