English is not my first language so expect anything
Here is what i find the most fitting solution to overcome the w/kg miracle especially in the flat and to suppress people from cheating weight, height and the corresponding CdA as well as other inherent options:
Create a default* rider for EVERY zwifter when entering either a race or a specific race category.
Race Category: FTP% Race
Default rider is either fixed by the system (Zwift) or can be changed by the race organiser f.ex:
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Speed calculation is based on the default riders specs and the the FTP%.
So no matter your weight, age or gender. Only your power will modfiy speed.
For the flat this would lead to something like that
(BE AWARE THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE):
FTP: 50% = 30 km/h
FTP: 70% = 36 km/h
FTP: 90% = 42 km/h
FTP: 110% = 48 km/h
FTP: 130% = 54 km/h
- If all riders would race at the same speed only the strongest, fittest, best recovered (mind power, will power) will survive/win.
- This will be valid for 1 rider and for x riders (packs/peloton/grupetto)…
- Drafting is possible as always but FTP% = speed no matter the rider count in your direct surrounding! no sling shot miracle just next to real drafting …
- So 1 rider at 70% FTP is riding at exactly the same speed as X riderys at 70% FTP.
- no discrepanc between light and heavy riders all weight the same and are equally height!
Q: What would happen if anyone would hold their legs?
A: Everyone would hold their legs.
Q: What would happen if someone pushes in front.
A: Everyone will push and the higher you push the higher everyone will push. Some kind of a linear or exponential growth depending on the effort and aggressivness of the rider(s).
The more races are done the harder it gets to cheat because Zwift is monitoring your latest best effort. In that case 1 to 5 min efforts should seriously be tracked and recalculate the FTP.
You could do that even with HR monitoring. So exactly the same just using your Pulse as a tools to create speed. Just think about it that would be really really cool …
That would be the real deal, the future in racing online. Its just about Power in any case your muscle power and/or will power. Who cares about weight and height or CdA in an Online Game???