Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

I just ignore it to be honest! Though maybe you’re right, we’ll need to know what that number actually represents if it’s to be used for anything meaningful.

Me and the eldest were playing Road Rash on a Mega Drive emulator last night… :rofl:

It’s obviously good they are putting some resources into this. A bit disappointing that this is the mark of their current progress though!

1 Like

Yeah, it is probably the right thing to do - have someone experienced dedicated to it - but this is clearly a couple of years away. It would have been good if this was clocked as important some time ago. At least all of the wording is promising that they ‘get’ it. Next up : someone to head up the design of ‘Clubs’ functionality.

1 Like

It’s come a long way since the very first (non-UCI) National Championships. Shame it’s in the wrong direction and will lead to a dead-end. I’m sure next year will see yet another different way of organising it.

4 Likes

I keep forgetting about the lack of anything happening with Clubs. How long ago was the initial roll out now?

Zwift’s biggest asset is the community that drives it, and the many things that the different communities have been able to bring to the party without any help from Zwift HQ using manual work arounds etc. that have really added value to the wider community is amazing. Giving these guys a few more tools to do things is a huge no brainer.

One of the many many baffling no brainers on the list…

5 Likes

See this page for more details: Zwift Continental Open - WTRL

As I read it, you just need to be auto-categorized as an A by WTRL, PLUS have completed 2x races as they describe on the page.

Not sure how a rider figures out what they’re auto-categorized as currently, but WTRL could make that a feature on their site easily enough. Then it’s just a matter of getting those two events under your belt.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this. The use of private links is a Zwift function that predates the rise of WTRL. Also, Zwift should be able to determine the first 5 to cross the line on their own. I know they prefer to farm out race organizing, first to KISS and now to WTRL but this is more of a won’t on their part than a can’t.

5 Likes

I think CVR (CVR worldcup) was before KISS. :slight_smile:

Oh, I thought CVR just did it on their own. I didn’t realize they became Zwift’s pseudo racing dept. thanks, Gerrie.

I may be wrong about CVR but it feel like they did the first big racing events.

It depends the way you look at it… Tam’s First World event was Nov 2015 with ZHQ backing, at that time racing moved forward in the Oct after ZTR, TFC, EVR and poss ZHR all had weekly events. KISS came a little later but I can’t remember exactly when CVR started but I thought it was 2016/7…
Race links only really work with team events when you let the team control the riders or the whole team loses points…

2 Likes

I was looking for some CVR data and found this. From 2017.

Much of what we have been asking for was done in the CVR series.

Some riders are concerned that their CVR rankings place them in a the “wrong” bracket. One way to help ensure you’re placed in the “right” bracket is to participate in the CVR preseason races, which will be mass start events. These will provide the data needed for the CVR system to properly rank all riders going into the actual race reason.

For future seasons (there are four per year) your bracket will be determined by how you did the previous season (there is a promotion/relegation process at the end of each season, where the top 5% move up and the bottom 5% move down.)

4 Likes

Wow @Alan_Wyers_Team_TFC

Your memory superb. I forgot bout Tam’s world event.

It takes us all back a bit… go… go on the start line… great fun and it’s a pity it didn’t all move forward as it should have… now… we will see…

2 Likes

And have a valid UCI Race license. Just when I stopped buying one :frowning:

Certainly seems familiar!

Unfortunately this just highlights that the opportunity to develop all of this functionality in Zwift itself has been there for 4 years. Even then it was clear that Zwift racing was going to grow legs and needed significant development support. Frustrating for us, but as the horse isn’t at risk of bolting I guess Zwift can take their time shutting the stable door.

2 Likes

Great C group tonight 2.5-3.1wkg :see_no_evil:

1 Like

almost every race under 20minutes looks this way. so i would say just the normale zwift-way

2 Likes

But do remember the cat limit is actually 3.4 for 20 min power and people are allowed to improve. Tho I know mostly it’s sandbagging :frowning:

2 Likes