Ant + support

I know its doesn’t work yet (but it does on trainer road:) if I plug in a ant+ dongle directly into the samsung tab4 would that work ??
bluetooth is a pain in the ass in my gym Zwift seems to take ages to load bluetooth devices if the gym is crowded if its empty i get connected quick and sometimes i see a lag in the bluetooth like the data is getting slowed down somewhere along the connection ?
I had the same issues with the wattbike app and trainer road with bluetooth but never had any issues with ANT+ on trainer road it used to work flawlessly.

Eddie

5 Likes

Unfortunately ANT + isn’t officially supported yet (hopefully one day post Beta) so you could try, but chances are you won’t get positive results.

Please get ANT+ supported, I also find it works better than bluetooth. Also, my hrm is ant+ only :frowning:

1 Like

I only have Ant+ on my Smart trainer so that rules out the Android Beta for now :frowning:

Will have to limit Android to running on Zwift with a Bluetooth footpod.

As a Beta - Ant+ support would give much more exposure to the app for performance testing as there are a lot of Ant+ only devices out there.

I’m curious, is ANT+ hard to implement? The companion app on Android supports ANT+, why not use the same code?

Is there a roadmap anywhere so that we can get an indication of when it’s likely to be planned? Not looking for a commitment, just a rough estimate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Smart trainer is Ant+ only also. It has Bluetooth connectivity but isn’t Bluetooth smart. Therefore as with the iPad version the power reading aren’t correct.
Back to Traineroad it is…

You could use CABLE to bridge the ANT+ signal

I see the 4iiii heart monitor is supposed to redirect the ant+ and broadcast it as bluetooth ?

It does and from what i have heard it works great.

this is an android problem as far as I know the cable only works with apple/iOS

You’re right, thanks for correcting me. Than the 4iiii HRM would be a very good option to bridge the signal.

1 Like

+1

Please answer to us vincent :slight_smile:

Please add ANT support asap.

1 Like

Other android apps use ANT+ why can’t you guys tut tut tut tut.