ANT+ Heart Rate Monitors

will this allow separate controllable trainer and power meters to be paired at the same time?

this is the main reason i don’t use the android app

Hi my Powertap Ant+ HRM will pair With Heart Rate but is not detected with Power Source

Any info would be great

Thanks

Only HRM can connect via ANT+ at the moment, that is why you cannot connect it as a power source.

1 Like

@Chris_Holton
Power meter and cadence support over ANT+ will be in the beta release when that’s launched.
Controllable device support will not, at least at first

So glad I found this forum, been driving me nuts since I finally got my HRM to pair and have been waving my shoe around in the air like a lunatic to pair my footpod. Will wait for the updates.

2 Likes

@Dale_Avery
Welcome to the Zwift forums. We’re glad you found us!

Waving your shoe around is silly. Maybe try this instead? :rofl:
Mn0WO4
https://images.app.goo.gl/itcmgDwvG2cw98Qq7

2 Likes

Thanks for all the updates. My Garmin Vivosport
heart rate monitor is pairing with Zwift :ok_hand::+1:.
I hope my Garmin foot pod will work soon. Can’t wait to try Zwift running app.
Do you have any ideas of the moment it will happen?
Days? Weeks? Months? :thinking:

I’m really excited about being able to use my Android phone. I have an Garmin ANT HR strap and an LG G7 with the 3 ANT services installed, but nothing. Do I still need to use my ANT dongle? How do I do that?

Hi Matt!

It is noted above that if you don’t have built in ANT+ and require the 3 ANT+ apps, you will also need an ANT+ dongle. It sounds like you already have one so a simple TypeC-USB adapter is all you need, like this one for a couple bucks through walmart. If you don’t already have one, you can find TypeC ANT+ Dongles, and just skip the adapter in the middle, like this one.

I hope this info helps!

1 Like

Since Ant+ came to Andriod I’ve only been able to pair my garmin hr chest strap once and that was the first time all its does now is search but never finds my hr monitor. I’m using a samsung s10, is anyone else having problems

We have the same problem with the new S10. Everything was working well with the S8 and S9 both on Android 9. The problem is probably related to Android 10. I’m in contact with Zwift support and I also wrote to Garmin support yesterday. I’ll be pleased to up date this converstation if I find a way to solve this issue!

1 Like

I also have an s10+. It was working fine before android 10 upgrade. Now, it doesn’t connect to the hrm band. I’ve opened an incident in zwift but they pointed out to this forum page.

Hi, Im new to this but would like to share conversation I had with support on Trainerroad on the same issue. They confirm that it is some kind of bug with the S10 and android 10 upgrade. Here is reply from them:

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I went ahead and looked at your ride logs and it looks like you are using TrainerRoad with the Samsung S10. Right now there is a bug with the new Android 10 update that doesn’t allow ANT+ to connect.

So at the moment, riders are unable to connect their S10’s to their Garmin HRMs if it connects via ANT+.

Unfortunately, there is no current workaround or solution for ANT+ in Android 10. Riders will have to stick to no HR for the meantime in their workouts or switch to another ANT+ enabled device, unfortunately :frowning:

Our Test Team has been working diligently on fixing this bug with ANT+ and the new update. We’ll make sure to let our Android 10 users know once ANT+ has been fixed.

Hi Seth,
Thanks for the help. I purchased the dongle for my LG G7 and can now pair my HR strap. I understand that there is no support for my Garmin speed/cadence sensor, so that leaves me with the question, what’s the point if my avatar won’t move? Am I missing something?

ANT+ for Android is only for HR, Zwift is implementing ANT+ in phases.

1 Like

So basically Android doesn’t work…yet., right?

It works for just HRM at the moment.

and it work with Bluetooth trainers.

Jochen,

We have found the root cause of the issue. Garmin’s Ant+ java library is incompatible with Android 10. All S10 variants, and Note 10, are running OS 10.
We are working with Garmin to have this fixed asap - hopefully within the month.
Thanks for your patience,
Will

Hi Matt,
We are adding more ANT+ over time; our latest release has support for more sensors, check the ANT+ Update announcement:

Best wishes in the New Year and thanks for riding Android!
-Will

1 Like