Adidas Run for the Oceans FAQ [2021]

Interested in learning more about the adidas Run for the Oceans Mission? Check out this FAQ for some of our frequently asked questions:

What is adidas Run for The Oceans?
Run for The Oceans is a global movement that harnesses the power of sport to raise awareness of marine plastic pollution and inspire positive action.

The adidas RFTO mission challenges you to run 15km between May 28 and June 8. You can split the distance up any way you want. All you need to do is run a total of 15km during those 11 days. For every kilometer you run, adidas x Parley Ocean School will clean up the equivalent weight of 10 plastic bottles (up to 500,000 pounds) from beaches and islands.

How does adidas RFTO help ocean clean up?
Since 2018, adidas has partnered with the Parley Ocean School to intercept and remove plastic pollution from the oceans. To date, the money raised has helped directly educate and empower over 100,000 youth and their families who are living in coastal areas affected by plastic pollution to take action. The partnership saw five million pairs of shoes created using recycled ocean plastic in 2018 alone. Throughout the RFTO Mission, every km run and tracked by the adidas Running app will help intercept and remove 10 plastic bottles from the oceans (up to 500,000 pounds).*

*Equivalent weight of 10 plastic bottles = up to 500,000 pounds.

How do I register for adidas RFTO?
There are a few additional steps required to register for RFTO and contribute to ocean cleanup, check out this article for more info.

1. Download the adidas Running app and create an account.
  2. Register for RFTO mission in the adidas Running app (starting May 18th)
  3. Register for RFTO mission in Zwift.
  4. Connect Zwift and adidas Running app in 3rd party connections. Learn more here.
  5. Run 15km between May 28 - June 8 to complete the mission.

When does adidas RFTO registration open?
Registration opens May 18 in Zwift and on the adidas Running app.

When does adidas RFTO officially start?
The RFTO mission starts on May 28 at 00:01 Central European Time.

How do I make sure my miles count?
Any run activity done after May 28 will be counted on your mission box tracker in Zwift. If you’ve properly connected the adidas Running app in the connections tab in Zwift Companion (ZC) or on the web, your Zwift run will automatically be shared with the adidas Running app. To make sure the miles are counting, check your activities in ZC and on the adidas Running app.

Do I need to connect the adidas Running app to participate in the Mission?
Technically no, you can complete the Zwift adidas RFTO mission without connecting the adidas Running app to your Zwift account, but if you care about making your runs count for ocean clean up, you will need to register in the adidas Running app.
You will also be missing out on earning adidas Creator Club points.

Why should I create an adidas Running app account?
Once connected to Zwift, your runs and activities will automatically be sent to the adidas Running app. When you create an adidas Running account you are also signed up for a Creators Club membership, which connects across stores, website, and all adidas apps to give you access to exclusive products and experiences, as well as points for all your runs, cycling activities, and purchases. The more you ride and run in Zwift, the more rewards you will unlock from adidas.

What if I miss a stage?
There are no stages to complete for RFTO. You can complete your 15km total distance solo or in a group run. In one day or across the 11-day window. We’ve scheduled group runs to help motivate and encourage you to run as many km’s as possible between May 28 - June 8.

What do I get for completing adidas RFTO?
In addition to making a positive change to the environment while removing and intercepting plastic pollution from our oceans, we have four incredible unlocks for this mission:

• 25% = 4 km // 2 miles unlock the socks
  • 50% = 8 km // 5 miles unlock the Primeblue run cap
  • 75% = 11 km //7 miles unlock the UB21 Prime Blue shoes
  • 100% = 15km // 9 miles unlock the entire RFTO kit

This kit is great! How can I get one?
Purchase to adidas RFTO Primeblue made with Parley ocean plastic gear at www.adidas.com/primeblue

What if I run more than 15km?
The more distance you cover, the more plastic is cleaned up! 15km is the minimum needed to complete the mission. If you care about the oceans and want to run more, GO FOR IT! Every km run and tracked by the adidas Running app between May 28 and June 8 will be counted towards cleaning up our oceans!

What should I do if my distance isn’t tracking correctly?
If you see any inaccuracies with your mileage, please Contact Us here and a member of our team will assist you.

How do I opt-in to make sure I don’t miss any emails?
Simply update your email preferences. Check out this helpful article for steps.

What should I do to prepare?
We’ve got you covered. Our Support Hub has everything you need to get ready. For basic info on getting started, check out this Support Hub article.

If you’re looking for more helpful tips on getting ready for event day, check out this article.

What can I do if one or more of my activities hasn’t been saved or the kit hasn’t been unlocked after completing a run?
The best way to ensure your run is counted is to save and exit after you have completed the activity. If you run into any of the above issues, please reach out to us—we’re here to help!

How can I withdraw from the RFTO mission?
Want to bow out? No problem, select this link to unenroll.

I cannot locate the sign up option in the adidas app. Has it been delayed?

@Run.10K.Every.Day
Our Run team says they registration is live and saw it on their adidas app. It’s been a few hours since your post - has that resolved now?

All sorted Shuji. Turns out I had the wrong Adidas app installed. Had the training one and not the running one.

1 Like