Add Bkool BLE protocol ASAP please

(Phil Whiffin) #1

Back in 2016 Jon Mayfield promised that if bkool opened their BLE protocol then Zwift would add it (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZwiftiOSUsers/permalink/1155920424489074/) since then bkool have opened it up and a number of feature requests raised (now archived in the forum - Bkool smart pro on Ipad with bluetooth, Allow BKOOL Go trainer to be controllable with iOS please and Bkool Smart Pro 2 BLE compatible) so there are lots of customers who want this. Bkool have opened up their protocol for over 12 months now, so please everybody put pressure on zwift to back up their promise so we can use the bkool trainer with iOS.

Last answer from zwift in September (which is misleading as an ant+ dongle will not allow zwift iOS to control via FEC, so there is still no option to control a bkool trainer with iOS/Apple TV):

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Zwift! I’d be happy to help you.

I’m sorry, but as of right now we don’t have a concrete timeline on when the BLE compatibility with Bkool trainers will be addressed. The best option would be to use an alternative device that meets our minimum requirements, if one is available, and use an ANT+ dongle to connect your trainer.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with!

Xavier K.
Member Experience Agent