7 days of Tarmac SL7

I just saw this:

https://zwift.com/events/series/7-days-of-tarmac-sl7

I have two questions:

1. How “strong” of a finish is required for the in-game jersey unlock?
  2. Will the Tarmac SL7 be available in the Drop Shop?

Ha! I noticed that wording as well and thought it was odd. As for the bike in the shop, I would guess that it will be available at some point. There are already two diff Tarmacs, the Venge, and two different Shivs. :man_shrugging:

In any case, I guess we will know in a couple of days.

We had the Ceramic Mission and you can’t buy that. Do you think Roubaix is going to be added to France in the future? Lots of nasty roads like Arenberg Forest.

I wouldn’t count on Roubaix (and what fun would that even be for those without a Tacx Neo, right?) but, based on what I’ve seen in ‘France’ so far, I am thinking there will be a number of ‘gravel’ routes and races that take in a mix of paved and dirt roads on the same route, finally making those gravel bikes in the Drop Shop worthwhile.

Zwift just announced that it’ll be available with the new update this week for only 650k pts & Level 5. While I’m happy that it’s available for keep, I’m disappointed that other more inferior models take much more. What’s the incentive left to ride more for a better frame? Worst, it’s not event a Challenge event to Unlock the purchase ;(

You don’t have to buy it, you know? Save up for the Safety bike.

2 Likes

The Safety bike rules!

5 Likes

I’d definitely get the safety bike when I can afford it :wink:

It definitely stands out! Sadly, though, you can’t super-tuck on the Safety bike or the Buffalo.

Not meaning to hijack my own thread, I’m glad to see that the SL7 will be in the Drop Shop. I long ago gave up trying to understand level requirements and costs for equipment in the Drop Shop, though. It never has made any sense.

1 Like

You can earn a Buffalo bike within one ride and it is almost identical.

Due to other commitments I missed Stage 3 of 7 Days of Tarmac.
Does anyone know whether there will be catch-up events?

As noted on the event’s page, Sunday was the catch-up day.

Make-up Day: Aug 16
Missed a stage? No worries. Catch any of the three stages on Sunday, August 16.

So, unfortunately you’ve missed it.

1 Like