16th March Update shows doubled power with speed sensor 2

Same problem. Tacx BlueMatic and Wahoo Speed and cadence sensors. Almost doubled my power output after the upgrade - and it’s not thanks to my training, sad to say…

That sounds like a different problem (though clearly with similar symptoms!), this thread is about non-smart trainers. But pretty worrying if it’s the same root cause…

I tried to reach the support… without any success…

I’ve sent an email to support, but apart from a confirmation email not heard anything back. It’s frustrating Zwift pushes what looks like an untested update onto its users, pretty much rendering it unusable for many. In a time where most Zwift users don’t have access to gyms, I for one have seen the training plans as a viable alternative. Really annoyed I cannot use the programme now. If something didn’t work in my gym, I’d expect a timeframe to fix.

Sounds like a problem with the speed to power table for the Tacx trainers listed. A temporary work around would be to re-pair the speed sensor but select a different trainer in Zwift. It won’t be as accurate but it would at least give you some more realistic numbers (unless Zwift has borked all the trainer profiles).

Users with the problem could perhaps try that and post their findings if they find a trainer profile that produces similar power numbers to the original Tacx profile.

Otherwise you will probably have to wait for Zwift to acknowledge the issue and then patch it.

Same here. Hit 1.2 gigawatts!! Please fix.

Im getting the same problem with a Tacx booster. Thats ruined my evening of fun. Lets hope for a fast update

1 Like

I’m the same. unusable the way it is

From Shooj in another similar thread - for those of you who havent seen it:

1 Like

Tacx Blue Motion trainer. Tacx S&C sensors. I hit 1200w in 10th gear at 55rpm and a heart rate of 105…

1 Like

Same here. Tacx blue matic with garmin sensors. Wattage out the window, ave 170 on 69 revs in little ring, maxed at over 1000w on sprint. Ftp increase over 40 points! Got the triangle of shame too!

1 Like

I just did a 40 minute ride guys and as a temporary fix you can do this - go to Pairing and remove your Tacx, then go to Search and select your Tacx again, on the trainer select screen scroll all the way to the bottom and choose the “LIFELINE TT-01” - I found it to be pretty much the same “calculation” as the BlueMatic (its hard to judge but I felt it was probably around 5%w “higher” than the Bluematic on setting 3).

Its not ideal however at least it lets you ride and not have to stop using Zwift.

4 Likes

I have the same problem. Using Tacx basic with Wahoo BlueSC 5CF5 194 speed and cadence sensor. Setting = 2 on Booster. This was working for more than one year nearly accurate. Since the last update today morning (17th of March 2021) it’s showing nearly double the power and too high speed. Can’t be used like this because measurements are completely out of range.
PC= MAC with 10.15.7 Catalina
Zwift: 1.11.0 (64913)
Transmission via ANT+

Yep same here, TACx blue motion, thought my legs were must have been on turbo when i first jumped on last night!!! No way i was pushing 300+ watts out in the first 10 pedal strokes on a warm up. For me that normally 100w. I pushed hard and got up to 600W for a second or two, completely unrealistic (Unfortunately). Abandoned my ride, hopefully it will be sorted for my ride tonight… I may give the advice above a go (i.e use LIFELINE TT-01 as the trainer).
I also notice lots of people saying they are using tacx on setting 2, i thought we had to use setting 3 to get the accurate power curve (when it was accurate!)
For info, Zwift running on win10, using moofit cadence sensor and the speed sensor that came with the trainer. Companion app on android. All reading seemed normal in the pairing screen but looked like i was hammering the afterburners in app!
Everything worked fine the day before on the exact same setup before the update,

The thread below has Zwift team asking you folks for more info relating to this issue so perhaps participate in that …
March 2021 Update issues?

1 Like