Zwift running outdoors

Hi there!

I jumped on the Zwift Run bandwagon at the beginning of the shutdown, even purchased a compatible treadmill (Bowflex). While I am thoroughly enjoying my treadmill runs, I want to carry it over to the outdoors, most specifically when I’m on vacation and no access to a treadmill.
I just purchased the Zwift Runpod and was looking to see if anyone has much experience with the runpod outside with Zwift app. I’m sure it will drain the battery quickly and will have to figure that out, but would it be better to run through Strava and just upload my run to Zwift? Will it work that way? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!!

Zwift won’t let you upload an activity.

I run outside from time to time on Zwift when weather ouside is too nice for indoor. I have garmin foot pod as well as garmin HR monitor. My phone has ANT connection so both foot pod and HR works in zwift (I prefer HR strap more than broadcast HR from forerunner watch). It drain the phone battery quite fast . you need to keep the phone screen on all the time otherwise I found it 'pause" even you are still moving. So i need to carry phone on 1 hand. While i don’t watch screen all the time (make sense for outdoor and safety reason…) i check from time to time make sure the screen is still on and I don’t miss distance and also make sure i still have some battery left. 30 minutes run or around 5-6k seems to be OK, haven’t try more than that but I have plan for 10-15k run outdoor on zwift soon.