Zwift Rowing in Weeks? Eric Min

It’s also been endorsed by Jon Mayfeild, co-founder of Zwift.

2 Likes

I areally love the ‘game’. I use it exclusively for rowing now. Its great. Its very zwift like just you have boats not bicycles and you have all the usual stuff (XP / Segments etc) No real interactivity, I do see rowers. They tend to be responsive with issues and I guess it remains to be seen where the product roadmap goes. I started using it when it was in Beta. Its a no brainer to connect to the game I dont need to use dongles (NPE brilliant mind you and would recommend it in a second) which I prefer and I dont have to deal with fake bike rides. I havent tried the workout feature yet. I actually think these guys have some great ideas. I definitely would recommend it.

Ride or Row on whichever you prefer :slight_smile:
Sara !

Thinking of trying the 5 day EXR trial tomorrow :worried:

It´s not bad the EXR tool :slight_smile: just like Zwift

Very interested in EXR as well… just want it to work with my Smartrow/Waterrower power device… yes I could get the bluetooth module to use with the inaccurate S4 but don’t want to throw money at ‘guessing power’ hardware.

If they get to support the Smartrow hardware I’ll jump on board immediately. I’m led to beleive the have plans to discuss possible implementation with Smartrow, fingers crossed.

I think rowing will be great in zwift… I’d buy an indoor rower if that was launched.

With regards to running, I disagree… zwift is great for indoor running workouts! In fact, I’d argue, slightly better than outdoors in this respect!

2 Likes

I did just before we were told it’ll be here in two weeks. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is it PC only, or can you get an iOS or android app?

Looks to be Windows, macOS, Android and iOS (quick google)

Any update on this? It’s a real pity that Zwift’s rowing feature was put in the fridge…

IMO there would clearly be a market, as the development of EXR shows.

I was a beta tester of Zwift back in 2014, seems like I’ll also be a beta tester of EXR as I just bought a connected rower

This was a month ago:

“It was “cancelled” a year ago or so. We may release it some day, but for now all the rowing code sits around rotting away and the chance of it ever coming out gets less and less.”

Many thanks for the answer. That’s a pity…

In the meantime I have been using Zwift with my erg and the rowedbiker app, but I still hope the rowing feature will be added to Zwift

NGL: I sold my RowErg this year and switched to a bicycle on a smart trainer.

As a (former) rower, I wanted Zwift rowing to happen. As a (once again) cyclist, I get why they ditched it - the cycling community is orders of magnitude larger than rowing and Zwift needs to focus on their core product. (refactor the code, build sustainable systems)

I find cycling more social - hands free means you can text and interact - and I can sustain a much higher volume of training on a bike versus a rower.

I wouldn’t count on rowing being a thing for many years but hey, “Row On!” FWIW, if the apps give you any issues, the NPE-CABLE pod worked flawlessly for bridging the RowErg to Zwift.

Another 90 weeks pass, still no rowing on Zwift.

2 Likes

Dec 21, Dave (see above):

This was a month ago:

“It was “cancelled” a year ago or so. We may release it some day, but for now all the rowing code sits around rotting away and the chance of it ever coming out gets less and less.”

1 Like

When you think rowing could be totally independent of riding / running and all the other unwanted extra “features” we have, surely it is only the world / environment / rendered graphics we need for rowing?

A comment from ZHQ would be appreciated occasionally.

2 Likes

I would be something interesting if it could be a standalone mode in the app offered as a public beta.

I would be tempted to go and get a rowing machine and try it out, although way I’m the future.

I’m really here trying to encourage the powers that be to see if they can get it out there even if it isn’t polished or perfect.

Chris, there are other apps available for rowing if you need a reason to purchase one. :wink:

they have said it isn’t happening haven’t they?

2 Likes

Post right above yours:

This was a month ago:

That’s from Jon Mayfield himself. Might as well close the thread, it ain’t happening.