Zwift restarts on Android 13 when opening any other app during a ride [1.46]

Zwift restarts completely if at any time on the game you open or try to access another application, (music, discord). Before the August 2023 app you could always go back to Zwift and no data was lost. Samsung A23 phone, Android 13, Zwift version 1.46.0 (117600). Could be a problem of the phone is happening to some other users / mobile phones? thx team.

Hi @Jonash_Kula

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Thanks for this report. I looked through your server logs and can see data that looks consistent with app crashes. I believe what you’re telling us is happening. It would be helpful if you’d contact my Support colleagues and send the crash logs on your phone. Here’s how. We don’t allow text files to be uploaded to the forum because of malware risks.

When you get past the chatbot and reach one of my colleagues, please reference this forum thread URL.

While they look at your specific situation, I have three questions:

Question 1: on August 29, you were able to complete a 30 minute ride on Watopia Hillly Route. That session was using Android game version 1.46.0, but it didn’t crash. I’m curious if you did something different during that ride?

Question 2: In the interest of troubleshooting: would you reboot the phone, and start Zwifting without backgrounding it to start another app? Are you able to complete the ride?

Question 3: you mention a music app and Discord. Which music app specifically?

Lastly - we have started rollout of game version 1.47 for Android. I’m curious if manually uninstalling Zwift and re-installing from the Play store might clear out corrupt files and clear this up?

Hi!!! many thanks for your supper quick answer!!!

I will send this files on short notice. About your 3 questions, I will try to answer as much as possible,

My used to had a Samsung A70 but was broken and I had to replace on short notice prior a trip with this Samsung A23, then the very first time I used with Zwift… is when this problem that never happened before on my former A70 happens.

Context: I normally ride cloning the screen on the phone on my Samsung Smart TV. The earphones are syncronized vĂ­a Bluetooth from TV directly. So the mobile which is running the ZWIFT app is getting in the signals from the smart trainer. (ELITE) and sending the screen vĂ­a WIFI.

to your questions:

Question 1: on August 29, you were able to complete a 30 minute ride on Watopia Hillly Route. That session was using Android game version 1.46.0, but it didn’t crash. I’m curious if you did something different during that ride?

• This time and after 3 crashes I decided not to try opening any other app while riding.

Question 2: In the interest of troubleshooting: would you reboot the phone, and start Zwifting without backgrounding it to start another app? Are you able to complete the ride?

→ I will do and provide you feedback.

Question 3: you mention a music app and Discord. Which music app specifically?

→ First I was listening spotify, then I changed to JetAudio, but If I am not wrong the last time the app crashed when I try to open whatsapp. As I said, that was the very first time I tried Zwift with the new phone. So my fear is that if I ride with a group using discord I cannot open any other app to prevent the crash.

I cannot sure that I can start Zwift on the next days, but after doint point 2, I will try to re-install from Play Store and keep you posted.

Many thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Did you get a solution? I have a similar issue.

Not yet, somebody from the technical deptartment contacted me and get some suggestions as reinstall Zwift, also I sent the crash logs, but up to know there were no solution.

finally I decided to use another old phone Samsung A70, which seems to be “powerful” and have no crashes…

1 Like