Zwift not picking up Ant+ powermeter with Chromecast

I’ve had difficulty getting Zwift to function properly when I cast my screen using Google Chromecast. When casting is turned on, Zwift is unable to pick up the ant+ signal from my Powertap hub (and the signal from my hr strap is erratic). Turning casting off solves this problem. I’m curious if anyone else has seen this issue?

Thanks.

I haven’t had this problem, but I’m assuming that the ANT+ frequencies and wifi frequencies are causing interference with each other as they are both in the 2.4GHz range. To test this further, try to see if the problem happens when casting with just your Zwift computer or other devices too. Also see if you can use a different device to record your power and HR (like a Garmin head unit). Perhaps if the Chromecast supports connecting to a 5GHz wifi channel, try that?

My “go to” recommendation for signal issues is to use a USB extender for your ANT+ stick. I typically put mine in the straps of my saddle bag, but I’ve also had success laying the ANT+ stick on the ground. right under the bottom bracket (although this is kind of far from the HR monitor). Just make sure it stays away from any moving parts.

ANT+ and 2.4GHz WiFi use nearby chunks of the radio spectrum. Consider changing the location of one of the two radio devices to see if it’s interference.

Haven’t had this problem using Ant+ and chromecast. Just wish I could have faster framerates with Chromecast.