The long awaited Watopia expansion is here, and it’s our most detailed area yet! The 10+km of new roads will take you through an alpine prairie on your way into the Watopia jungle containing some mysterious forgotten ruins.
But hang on, there’s a catch! Not just anybody can ride this new expansion - Zwifters must earn it. You must be level 10 or higher, in any sport, to enter.
While we understand this may annoy some at first glance, we believe (and hope!) this will give Zwifters even more incentive to hop on their trainers or treadmills and crank out some miles with something so big to chase after. If the idea still bugs you, don’t worry - we made it an easily attainable level so the reward is not too far away.
Additionally, anybody who joins a scheduled group ride that takes place on a Level 10 locked route will be able to ride with the group regardless of their level. We will start scheduling events on the expansion in a day or two.
We’ve also made a few fixes and improvements, like:
- Cycleops Hammer/Magnus spindown calibration is now supported over built-in bluetooth on Mac and iOS. Support for this via ZML bluetooth bridge is still in the works.
- Group workouts algorithm changed to reduce the speed of the group so it is more reasonable
- Dirt road dust effect reduced in large packs of riders
- Made changes to allow for reduced download size of all future updates
- Fixed Brick activities (Bike, then Run). They now save as two activities of the correct sport
- “Ride with…” or “Run with…” should be more reliable now
- Many small bugs fixed
We’d normally hint at some of the cool things in the works at Zwift HQ (and there are many), but after today’s release we’ll keep those secret for now and just let everybody enjoy the new expansion, or get to work earning it!
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to suggestions or feedback about changes, and a good way to do that is via our Zwift Support Community.
The Team at Zwift