Zwift Academy Road 2020 FAQ

Whats the difference between a “group ride” and a “segment group ride”? :man_shrugging:

Hola, según leí Today’s Plan , va a ser gratuita durante la academia, pero hoy entré y me aparece que será gratuita durante sólo 7 días, es así ?

These are new this year and are required if you are going for the pro contract.

From Zwiftinsider:
An intriguing new event format is being unveiled for this year’s Zwift Academy. Dubbed “Segment Rides”, these events allow Zwifters to test themselves on two different segments per ride, much like you might do outdoors on particular sections of road which are well-suited to particular efforts.

Innsbruck will feature two segments designed to test Sprint Power on the 300m Innsbruck Sprint Forward and Threshold Power on the Innsbruck KOM (7.43km, elevation gain 696m). Held in Watopia, the second Segment Ride will test Anaerobic Power on the Hilly KOM Forward (0.90km, elevation gain 50m) and VO2 Max on the Volcano KOM (3.75km, elevation gain 120m).

1 Like

But what are they? :joy:

Is it as it sounds, a group ride, then you thrash a “segment” (KOM, etc), then regroup?

Ha, I posted before your edit. Thanks! As per this info comes from Zwiftinsider rather than Zwift.

1 Like

Where are the C and D groups to Academy road 2020?! I Just see the E groups.

Hi @Ana_Paula_Oberlaende

E is for everyone and those are for the group workouts.

The rides is for A and B but the categories has different w/kg bands.

Woman are:
A 1.7-2.2 w/kg

B 1.2-1.7 w/kg

1 Like

Thanks Gerrie!!! It’s my first time doing the Academy so iam a little confused. But thank you so much.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m excited to be part of the Zwift Academy Road 2020.
Took my Ramp Test today and all set with my Today’s Plan account.

Will there be a Strava Club so we can join or be invited to join ?

How long do the the Workouts and Group Rides will remain available ?

What is best or in what order to do the Group Ride and Workouts ?

No Problem @Ana_Paula_Oberlaende

We are here to help.

Just did my first group workout today and enjoyed it.

However, for the group rides, will there be any that are 1.6w/kg or less? At the moment I can only sustain roughly 1.5w/kg for an hour. How else can I complete the required 4 ZA events? I’m a new rider.

Hi! I’m a novice at the academy and I’m not sure what training I have to do each day of the week, when I have to rest and what time, etc … Any help?

I signed on only for Academy Road but for some reason, I’d been automatically enrolled into Academy Tri as well. I deregistered it but it still appears annoyingly on my zwift app. Anyone else had this problem?

By the way, I only just completed the WO #1 and I already received “congratulations for completing / graduating …” messages haha what on earth is going on here?

1 Like

If you stay in/with the group you should be fine. You’ll be swept along nicely.

Concentrate on recovery while on the flat and pushing up the hill so that you don’t get dropped.

How does one tell they are signed up? I signed up, at least I thought I did, on day one of availability. Today’s Plan doesn’t seem to think I’ve signed up either.

On the left hand side of the route selection screen it said that I was signed up.

Can’t help on Today’s plan as my trial of premium features has expired today… :laughing:

1 Like

All: we’re aware of some issues with ZA Road that we’re actively working to fix.

I’ll update this thread today as we have more information to share.

2 Likes

Is it normal for the first training to last 1 week?

Hey everyone - I’ve started a new thread for reporting issues with Zwift Academy Road 2020.

Please head over there if you’d like to bubble up issues you’re experiencing. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been doing group rides that are 1.2-1.5w/kg and they’re about my limit given current level of fitness.

If I do get dropped can I still complete the event at my own pace?

@Jack_Chen1
Absolutely ride within your limits. The important part is to complete the session, put in the work, and get stronger and smarter.

1 Like