ZRL timeslots not for USA morning

One things for sure . If you dont have a more appropriate spread of slots available to sign up for no one will sign up for them. If Zwift want to operate a least support possible to satisfy current demand you can also be sure that demand will react to those glass ceilings across the board in a negative direction. Not that this is not the same approach and situation across a number of other endlessly discussed weaknesses of the platform.

1 Like

They are busy as they are the evening emea time zones which is peak zwift time. Each of the 7 zones have multiple divisions for each cat (other than d) so there are a lot of teams.

1 Like

Maybe this is something @Martin_WTRL can comment on? I would think that the WTRL page on FB is the best place to post questions and requests if you want answers. I see that WTRL are pretty active there.

And this justifies the seven hour gap with no scheduled events?

Yes, I get it, this is the evening time for Europe and they got lotsa teams. Perhaps, they would have a like number of teams if they filled that gap so those of us on the North American AND South American continents can join in the morning time slots.

Or perhaps, like we have posited earlier: They just donā€™t give a crap about what other people suggest, like the lousy Autocat in the Zwift Classic.

The request has been made multiple times and theyā€™ve absolutely nothing about it.

Martin has his own opinions about things and weā€™re entitled to it. He is not interested in responding to anything but complete adulation. A sure way to get banned from the WTRL Farcebook page is to raise a suggestion he deems outside of his narrow view of things.

The request has been made multiple times and theyā€™ve absolutely nothing about it.

4 Likes

you donā€™t join in numbers for TTT Thursdays so iā€™d be surprised with there would be a big take up in numbers for zrl.

As to how WTRL pick times zones i have no idea. Hopefully they might get some data from zwift to show race numbers at certain times but i very much doubt they are refusing to put on a zone where there is demandā€¦and do you know if itā€™s WTRL or Zwift that set the zones?

As for calling out WTRL on here iā€™m not surprised they donā€™t respond given the backlash last time. Best to drop them an email or zwift zrl organisers might be a better way to get a response on why extra zones are not being considered.

Gordon, there was no backlash until Martin COMPLETELY dismissed our criticism. It wasnā€™t delivered in hostile manner just, ā€œHey, this isnā€™t working well for a large number of participants and nothing seems be changing.ā€ The backlash came when he said, ā€œI donā€™t want to hear this.ā€ And took his ball and went home.

If you want to run an Experimental race series, you have to able to listen to criticism. He was unable to do so. Others brought the same stuff up on Farcebook and got roundly shouted down. Iā€™m not going there.

Iā€™m just one guy who doesnā€™t like how some of this stuff is run. There are others who share my opinions but there is no place other than this forum to air them out. Going into the lionā€™s den and telling the emperor heā€™s got no clothes is not going to get a thing done. (Like my mixed metaphor?)

3 Likes

I pretty much agree with you but also recognise itā€™s Zwifts complete lack of engagement with the community that made that whole situation worse.

Itā€™s pretty much pointiness airing them here as well as zwift/wtrl either donā€™t read or ignore 90% of the posts on the forums so probably best to try reach out to them directly to see if you can get an answer.

2 Likes

I think a message on the WTRL FB page where you tag Charlie Issendorf and Martin Carew, would get the most attention and some pressure for them to answer. If you just send a mail, it can easily be ignored or you will just get an answer as @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ got.