ZA Social Rides only at 2.0?

I cannot find any ZA2019 women’s social group rides under 2.0. Sadly, that would mean riding at FTP for an hour for me, which is not in any way social even with the benefit of drafting. I tried to keep up with one ride but it was an easy day for me and I was working way too hard to stay with the group. Why is there not a ride at 1.5 or so?

2 Likes

You can find Category D rides in your Zwift Academy Progress page.

Same here for me with the men’s social rides. I was able to hang on for about half the ride, then got dropped on a hill. After a while I found my self riding with a small group of 3 - 5 other guys that were all going the same pace. Eventually you will find someone to ride with if you can’t stay with the larger group. I also wish the ride leaders would stick to the advertised pace, as they seem to push it quite hard.

Unfortunately what are billed as D rides are listed to run at 2.0, which is a Z4 ride for me. There doesn’t seem to be any variation amongst the Zwift Academy social rides, unlike other group rides.

I’m not sure what your time zone is but I am slow and joined a great ride on Monday lead by Karissa Minn and one on Wednesday led by Vivian Workman that were in the 1.5 range. Both were at 8pm EDT.

Thanks. I can find the rides outside of Zwift Academy. My issue is with the group rides in this year’s Zwift Academy that are required to “graduate” (need 4 group rides or races). Just wish the ride leaders would announce the pace range ahead of time in the event. These are supposed to be about group riding and drafting in Zwift, so it defeats the purpose if the leader bolts at 3.0 for a ride listed as 2.0.

2 Likes

I believe they do post the pace, but most of the Zwift Academy rides seem to be 2w/kg. I did find one on ZwiftHacks that specifically announces a 1.5 pace - next Wednesday at 5:00pm PST/8:00pm EST like Sara mentioned above. And the one right after that (Wed @ 7pm PST - which I did this past week) even though it says 2.0, we ended up averaging about 1.5 - 1.8. Not sure if they will do the same next week though.

1 Like

Thank you! I think I’m going to just have to join an event and ride my own pace. I’ll look for ones with a good number of riders and hope that a few others want to group up with Me. Happy Zwifting!

1 Like

that sound like a plan. You could chat in the starting pen and tell the others that you will be riding at Xw/kg if they want to join they can ride with you.

i feel your pain - these D rides are nearly an hour at FTP for me when the group is pushing 2.3+