Wish the view was better

This is by far the best app for riding and running but the graphics leave something to be desired. One of the best parts about riding or running is the scenery. There are other apps that have real courses and I really hope you guys go in that direction at some point. It would be so cool that actually bike around Paris and see the Eiffel Tower or in the mountains.

I must disagree here. Riding with real life scenery has been done long before Zwift and it has not attracted many riders. Real life courses tend to be very static and boring.

Elite had IRL courses and it was free and very few people used it.

3 Likes

+1. Apparently the Bologna course is very nice to look at but I’ve been too busy trying not to die to notice.

2 Likes

If you use a powerful gaming computer with 4K resolution it improves graphics greatly.
The main reason I upgraded my 2015 Retina Macbook Pro to a 2020 Razer Blade Pro 17 with 4K screen.

Night and day!

1 Like

Have to respectfully disagree—one of the things I like most about the virtual Zwift world is the cartoon-like graphics. That said, de gustibus non est disputandum.

I would have to respectfully disagree. Rouvy has real life scenery and some of the routes in Italy are absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

Zwift built the first massively multiplayer online cycling game. If they’d achieved that with real life scenery – or with a more advanced graphics engine – they’d still have attracted many riders. Maybe more than they have.

It’s always a balance - if you go for more detailed graphics, that needs better computers, which makes it less accessible to some people, so you don’t get as many people taking part.
I’d much rather have the current world with loads of people than a quieter world that looks beautiful.