Which stationary zwift compatible bike would you recommend?

Hello Zwifters, I am primarily a runner and started with Zwift Running some 18 months ago on a smart treadmill. Now I am thinking to buy a Zwift compatible stationary bike as well. My budget is at about € 1000. Which brand/type would you recommend? A resistance controlled bike does not seem to be an option with the money I want to spend. So far I have been looking at the Concept2 BikeErg and the Schwinn IC8. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,

please look in this forum for the issues with Schwinn IC8 and Zwift. I gues there are some problems to get it working properly… I suggest a smart trainer (kickr core) and a used road bike instead of an stationary bike.

you could afford a WAHOO SNAP for that much to put an existing bike on.

Thanks. What I forgot to mention, we have different family members wanting to use the bike. A stationary bike would be adjustable.

Unfortunately the real compatible stationary bikes are very expensive still

Use this link for stationary bikes that are compatible with Zwift: What You Need To Ride

1 Like

I’ve got a Tacx neo smart bike for all the family (4).
It’s working perfectly and the feeling is very good.
Very happy with my purchase.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. The Tacx Neo Bike, the Wahoo Kickr Bike and the Atom Wattbike are all not (yet) available in the Netherlands. I could get my hands on a demo/showroom bike, the Life Fitness IC8. Spend way more than I originally budgeted. I love the bike, the built quality and the way it rides. It works with Zwift, however, not controllable (I do not mind that much) and only through ANT+ (which is a pain in the butt).

Do not get the IC8 for Zwift or any other of the major cycling fitness apps. Pretty sure Zwift said that it was not officially supported in another thread. Spin bikes suck in general and without a controllable trainer you would be missing out on what makes Zwift actually fun and good.