What songs to you listen to on the bike?

I need ideas, I listen to pop and kpop only lol. Anyone else have anything they listen to on the bike? Other than podcasts :blush::wink:

If not just listening to ‘Sounds of Zwift’ (which is less and less frequent, since they added so much background noise recently), I generally am catching up on the latest racing with a GCN+ subscription. Three different stage races going on right now, plus some CX over the weekend and a women’s race on Sunday. It’s not music, but I find it entertaining.

Yeah that’s cool Nigel. :eyes: I find the Zwift background sounds kind of annoying tbh lol

Whatever is playing on Radio Paradise.

1 Like

Eye of the tiger, on repeat

3 Likes

Awwww yeaaaaah! He has good taste!!! :heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire:

Or maybe this, instead? :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re certainly on many zwift playlists, too.
Nice kilt, by the way:

(Had a hard time finding one of your classics that wouldn’t get the ban hammer here. Or that wasn’t Stonehenge.)

Edit: That video was made 30 years ago?! Feelin’ like a dinosaur right now. :anguished:

3 Likes

To answer the OP, it really depends on the mood and the day. Heavy, driving, guitar-based stuff always gets my blood up, so I could happily listen to Iron Maiden from the 80s and 90s for hours on end.:metal: But I find that I mostly use Zwift riding time to listen to spoken-word podcasts on science, politics and comedy. :man_shrugging: Zwift provides the mental high and improved blood flow, helping the brain absorb ideas better.
Going for an FTP test, I mightn’t listen to anything but my own breathing, so concentration and positivity won’t be influenced/interrupted. Each to their own.

2 Likes

sometimes I feel like some easy listening too

3 Likes

As long as I don’t run into Inigo Montoya on my rides, all is good! Or Duke Fame, for that matter!

2 Likes

One thing I use is: Discover the top streamed music and songs online on Soundcloud

I usually listen to the following streaming channels:

• Top Dance on Amazon Music
  • Cardio Dance Workout on Amazon Music
  • Soulcycle Radio on SiriusXM
  • Utopia on SiriusXM
  • BPM Workout on SiriusXM

Cranked up to sound like a Spinning Studio!

Sometimes I listen to Eric Min’s Zwifting Playlist:

Most of the time I listen to Iron Maiden.

2 Likes

My iPod with about 4000 songs on shuffle. Ranging from Big Band, Swing, Trad Jazz, R&B, Blues, Rock, Pop, Metal, Fusion, Folk, New Age, etc. If something comes up that’s not event appropriate I just go to the next song. I get some fun segues with this: Ted Nugent following Glen Miller. Or “Do It” by Neil Diamond following “Don’t Do It” by The Band.

2 Likes

High energy rock and techno! Foo Fighters, Metallica, Idles, Rage Against the Machine, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Spinal Tap. Maybe you’ll find something to motivate you. Ride On!

Wow :flushed:.

You bunch listen to some seriously angry music.

1 Like

Your telling me! :smirk::flushed:

Yeah, that Glenn Miller, Neil Diamond and The Band certainly bring that anger… :laughing:

I guess I can see the Ted though.

50 songs by Iron Maiden? Eric Min’s 36 song playlist? That’s not going to last long…

2 Likes

When you need those last few Watts, AC/DC Thunderstruck!!