What happened to power readings?

(Tyler Mattas) #1

For those of use using z power, what happened with the smoothness of the power readings? It used to be as smooth as Trainer Road virtual power, but since a few updates ago the instantaneous power read out is ALL over the place. Normal, steady cruise around the island and I’m bouncing all around in the massive range of 75-175w. The readout is virtually useless. It’s not different for my girlfriend who is also using z power and has a different brand ant+ dongle. I keep hoping each new update will fix this, but they don’t.

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #2

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for writing in. We’re aware of the issue and will be working to resolve it as we continue refining Zpower.

Just a quick question: are you experiencing power spikes coupled with shooting forward at fast speeds? Or is ride fairly consistent despite the erratically displayed power?

(J O'Connor) #3

I noticed this but to me it seemed to be left/right stroke specific as the spikes were in time with cadence and when I tried spinning circles rather than my usual “mashing the pedals” style it was much smoother.

(Tyler Mattas) #4

Per my email response, the rider seems to be unaffected. No surging or dropping. The power reading fluctuates so rapidly though I’m not sure the rider has time to respond.