Training plans not starting correctly

Hello, I came to the training plans and wanted to start Zwift 101 today, which is a Monday, and it tells me the first workout is available in 14 hours…?
I literally had my bibs on and everything just to become frustrated with the inability to do the workout I wanted.
I tried contacting support but no response via live chat and I have to wait for an email.
Please help me understand how the training plan set up works. Right now it seems broken. Thanks, Andrew

@okedoky

Hey Andrew!

I had sent you an email inquiring about what exactly was happening, then found this forum post with all the details I needed, and have since sent you an email reply to the missed chats. In case you see this before you see the email, I will paste my response to the conversation here:

Hey Andrew!

I found your forum post about this issue, which provided me with the extra information that I needed.

I see that you have ‘joined’ and ‘ended’ the training plan in question numerous times, so I was confused on what was happening exactly.

With the issue being that the first work out isn’t unlocked right away, it’s because workouts on training plans tend to unlock in the morning, so if you sign up in the afternoon or at night, you need to wait till the next mornings unlock window for the workout to be available.

It’s done this way as most people sign up for workout plans before they are ready to do the actual first workout, such as during lunch at work or while watching netflix in the evening.

I’m sorry if this is an inconvenience for you but this is the proper function of the Training Plans system.

Feel free to ask any further questions you may have!

Ride On!

Please ask any further questions via reply to the email conversation, as I will be out of the office for the next few days and one of my colleagues will be able to pick up any further questions while I’m gone!

Just adding onto this discussion.

Really don’t understand why the functionality has been designed this way.

I wanted to start a plan today, I looked at a few then decided on the one to sign up for. Tried with Pebble Pounder and is said it was available in 7 hours, quit that plan to try another and Back to Fitness says available in 12 hours.

This is nuts - today is Monday which is plan start day, & I had my kit on ready to ride. Why can’t I start it immediately? I’ve ended up just doing a general ride and quitting after 20 min as I wasn’t in the mood having been annoyed by this.

I do love Zwift but stuff like this infuriates me.

I think there are definitely bug/bugs around the training plan week end/start time. I had issues with this and then during the plan my week end/start would move seemingly at random by around 11 hours (sometimes it was non evening, other times it was late Tuesday morning). This caused me to completely miss a workout and a couple of times do other rides because there wasn’t a workout available when there should have been. I contacted support and got nowhere with them really. In the end I tweaked my own schedule and just made Tuesday my rest day so this shifting didn’t affect me.

I’d be happy if they just acknowledged the bug and would work on it in the future (or even it’s not high priority so it’s not going to be worked on).

Hello, yes I have found the same issue. I booked on to the ftp builder plan yesterday afternoon and have come back from work to complete the first day. When trying to get started it is telling me it available in 41 hours. That’s not very accessible and to be honest very annoying as I have got set up for this plan to start.

I then cancelled and tried to log into another plan that might start sooner but they unlock at very strange times? Please advise as to why it is unlocking in 41 hours?

Thanks Toby

1 Like

Same same. I didn’t sign up for a plan last week because I would have to wait until today (Monday) to start anyway. So today, at 10:45am I sign up for a plan because I have time at lunch to knock it out. But now it’s not available until 5pm today? and every workout is only unlocked after 5pm each day? WTF Zwift? This is the kinda annoyance that will drive people back to TrainerRoad.

1 Like