Hi Zwifters -
Following up on February’s improvements to Cycling Training Plans - the next block of improvements add more flexibility. Here are some of the things you can look forward to in this week’s v1.23 game release
Cycling Training Plan Updates
- Big improvements to make Training Plans more flexible!
- Once unlocked, workouts will remain unlocked in a training plan.
- Workouts will continue to become available on a weekly basis.
- 2 additional weeks to complete the training plan.
- Going on vacation? Happen to get sick during? Don’t stress! The extra 2 weeks of time ensure you are able to complete the training plan - on your own time.
- Removal of the 8-hour rest period after completing a workout.
- Added the ramp test and zone benchmarking workouts as pre-plan workouts.
- The ramp test should be done first to establish an FTP estimate, then validated by the zone benchmarking workout. If you are confident with your FTP, or have tested within the last 21 days, feel free to skip the ramp test and just do the zone benchmarking for fine tuning.
Workout Mode Updates
- Receive full-star credit for recovery intervals. As long as you’re pedaling, regardless of your power being too high or low, you’ll get full credit.
- Fixing arches in Workouts to ensure they match the color of the next interval
In Coming Releases
- We’re enabling Zwifters to extend the duration of their workout blocks. This allows you to add more time to warm-ups and cool downs, or increase recovery time between hard intervals.
- For Type 2 fun, you can extend the duration of your hard efforts as well.