Track and Velodrome Options

(Bob Hogg) #1

For some of the more highly intensive sessions maybe we could have a 400m running track or velodrome option (especially as we now have dedicated run courses, you may like to combine this with a “pause” option, especially on the run as I often find the avatar drifts forward when I have to answer a “call of nature” :wink:

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #2

If you search for “velodrome” you’ll see it has been suggested a few times before. Generally it gets a quite lot of support but is also a polarising suggestion.

(Bob Hogg) #3

Thanks for that - actually I was more interested in the running track option, but as I was writing I suddenly though why not include a velodrome - I’ll go and look up those posts.

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #4

Yeah I’m not actually sure anyone’s specifically asked for a running track before, but it makes a lot of sense. I think some of the arguments against a velodrome wouldn’t apply as much to a running track. For example there’s no banking so they wouldn’t have to work out how people might deliberately move up or down that.

(Paul Allen) #5

Been suggest on here, the old forums and the Facebook Runners group.

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #6

Yeah I’m not too surprised. Nothing came up in a quick search for “running track”.

Hopefully we’ll get both. \o/ :smiley: