The fence

Afternoon

does anyone have any idea when the fence is going to be fixed or is it being taken out all together ?

Did you not see [Update on the status of the Event Leader Fence]?(Update on the status of the Event Leader Fence)

No will check thank you

Could really do with it back!

I can’t believe the fence is still down. This is ridiculous.

Anyone know??

Surely its better to wait than try and use something that’s not 100% tested?
We just need to be patient, ride leaders miss it more than you do trust me.

3 Likes

Yeah its not like there is a global pandemic going on or something…
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Why do you need the fence? Ride with the leader and let the flyers go. They pay their monthly dues and can ride the way they want. It’s just a game people, put it in perspective. Do you want a rear fence and knockout the riders that can’t keep up too?

4 Likes

It should be there as an option. Rides that want to use it can, those that don’t want to use it can ignore it. Everyone’s happy.

1 Like

Why join a group ride and not ride with the group?
Or why join a D group and fly when there is a C or even B group ?

3 Likes

It’s not always that simple. As an A cat rider, I join in many B cat group rides that are quite hard. Then others are way too slow. There are also no A cat “group rides” only races. When I want to race I enter A, which I’ll do every week usually. The B, C and occasionally D I use for training rides and never ride off the front. But I have been in C group rides that are harder than B!

1 Like

I can see why you might drop a group but A into D? Whenever you are in a group you affect the dynamic of that group even if you don’t ride off the front.

Richard, there are many A cat riders that use B, C and D for group rides. They don’t do them to easily finish in a high placing but as part of an overall training program. My comments on fences were not directed at C and D group rides.