Stuck with mountain bike & Zwift won’t let me switch

This morning when I rode, I was put on a mountain bike by Zwift
I DID NOT select the mountain bike challenge that appears on the ride set up screen. I do not own a mountain bike in my garage. I do not want this.

When I go to my garage, the BIKES and WHEELS area is greyed out and un-selectable (all other areas I could alter and choose). The Drops purchase area was also greyed out.

I am now stuck on a mountain bike I didn’t buy - and sadly - I can’t get to my Tarmac and Zipp 808 wheels that I just bought two days ago from many hours of sweat. This brings me great pain…

Please help.
Paul

Here is the main thread about the issue: Stuck with mountain bike & Zwift won’t let me switch - #25 by Michael_Simms

You can switch bikes if you stop completely and then go to the Garage.

Thank you Paul.
I restarted ATV etc, but I guess my legs were in motion when I went to the garage.

Much appreciated!
Paul

1 Like

I am having this same exact issue. The past three rides I’ve done on ZWIFT, my bike has defaulted to a Scott mountain bike (why???). When I go to the Garage during the ride, the frame option is grayed out and unavailable. This does NOT change if I stop—I’m unable to change the frame. I have tried trashing the app and re-loading to no avail. Even if I could change the frame during the ride, the better question is: Why is this happening and what is the solution? Having to completely stop during a ride to change a non-desired frame option is not a solution!

Hi @Neal_Lewis

Can you give us a rundown on your Zwift setup.

To change the Bike you need to come to a complete stop, there need to be Zero power number and your avatar need to have his foot on the ground for the entire bike swap process.

Also there was a fix for Windows and mac yesterday and the fix for ATV and Apple went out today.

Apple finally approved v1.0.46903 for iOS.

All platforms have the patch for this bug. iPhone and iPad users, please update the game app, and this will be fixed. Thanks for your patience.

6 Likes

Thanks! I’m embarrassed to ask this, but I’m not able to figure out how to update the app when there’s not a new update that’s triggered. Meaning, when I go into my App Store, if there’s a new update available, I have the option to either open the app or updated. With Swift, only have the option to open it I don’t see any options for an update. I’m on iPhone/iPad

Yay!!! Got it & back on my default TT bike! Thanks Zwift!!!

3 Likes

Hi Neal,
I’ve had the very same issues. Following advice from Gerard I have managed to get onto my Cannondale frame rather than riding mtb! I’m using an iPad.
I use a Wattbike and the only way I can ensure zero movement is to load up Zwift and not be linked to the Wattbike. Any movement at all and you can’t access the frame. It has to be zero motion!
It’s not perfect at all, but at least I can now ride without being lumbered with a slow mtb. I’ve stopped riding completely this week because of the frustration !
Hope this helps and hopefully a permanent fix will come through soon!
BW

How do you update on atv?
Sorry if this has been covered before.

So you would rather lose a week of training and fitness than ride the MTB that is a bit slower, you could do the jungle route where the MTB is the fastest bike on zwift or you could do the Epic challenge and get 100,000 Dropz free to use to get a better bike.

1 Like

The phrase “cutting off your nose to spite your face” springs to mind.

1 Like

No it’s not that. I have had a very busy week with family illness of my mother and mother in law both being very unwell and several visits to two hospitals.Combine this with a hard week at work too, then jumping on to Zwift and just wanting to ‘ get on with it’ as such with very limited time meant this reaction. Gerard has been very helpful and Zwift is so reliable generally.
Respectfully, please be aware of individual circumstances before commenting on others actions. I was very very tired and Zwift is my usual release.
Best wishes.
Matt

1 Like

Hi Gerrie,
Thanks for your super help earlier in the week. I’ve finally got some time this morning to try your suggestions out and using the non-movement method you outlined have found I can use my usual Cannondale road bike.
My individual circumstances ( see my reply to Daren just above re family illness with mother and mother in law and work meant little time to try and get things fixed) It has been a challenging week.
Your super prompt responses are really valued. I think we all get used to Zwift working really really well all the time, so that should something go wrong it throws us! It’s like looking forward to a ride outside on a sunny day and then finding something mechanical wrong with our bike! Zwift is more reliable !
Best wishes and thanks for your help, support and knowledge!
Matt

Thanks @dot_gitignore, that is very helpful, I will remember that for future reference. I only use Windows and Android. :sunglasses:

Hi Wes,

You posted your response on the forum here 4 days - now going into 5 days.

At £12.99 a month it’s not acceptable. When are Zwift going to get a grip on this bug and get it sorted? I had a ride today, lost my group ride as it took 5 attempts to reset on my iPad before the normal bike was back. It’s ridiculous when Zwift is supposed to be a great tool for training, like most folks here are.

Can you please let me know how I can sort this out?
I use my iPad when Zwifting.

Many thanks,

J

You need to update your zwift app @Jimmy_Badger Apple approved the update 18 hours ago, the bug was fixed 3 days ago, the longer wait for iOS users is due to Apple’s process. Win 10 and Android gets the updates right away.

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Thanks for jumping in to help here👌

I’ve gone back to App Store, checked updates ~ there are none. Searched for Zwift app, the only button I can press is the “open” one. This usually means it’s got the latest update. So I can’t change anything here manually (unless you are a wizz with these things and can tell me another way) so I’m thinking maybe uninstall and reinstall the Zwift app? Would I lose all my data though…

Cheers

Thank you Eric.

Well I’m not an iOS user so I won’t be much more help. Scroll up and read some of @dot_gitignore posts here in this thread, he seems to have figured it out.

1 Like