Still Can't Access Makuri Islands

After latest update Makuri Island crashes for me to.
I reinstalt Zwift, but did`t help.
Everything else work well.

I have exactly the same problem with only Makuri. It made me drop from a WTRL race when changing worlds… Quite frustrating! Also updated drivers and re-installed zwift here, still bugs somehow…

When will Zwift fix the issue?!?

I must specify that sometimes Makuri islands loads,but only after I reboot my laptop… Otherwise it doesn’t work

Vincent: what are the specifications of the system you’re running Zwift on?

Per some of the comments up-thread, this is very likely a system-specific issue. A lot of people are successfully riding in Makuri on phones, tablets, PCs, and the AppleTV4K.

1 Like

I had custom Pagefile Virtual memory max at 4GB, now set max to 8GB, I’ll try it out to see if it works

sorry for the french below:

Same here! I’m so sick of this! It’s quite obvious no one is working on this. Very frustrating!

The latest issue for me seems to be I can get in, I can free ride (ALL events I’ve ever signed up for end up crashing on me - usually within the first 5 minutes) and I get almost to the end of the route (to earn the badge and XP!) and then it crashes! It’s extremely annoying and you’re right that I think no one is working on this. I get “The NVIDIA OpenGL Driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue. The application must close. Error code 3”. If anyone from Zwift bothers to read this? I too would like a partial refund for all the annoyance having to deal with this!! The only other way I can get it to work is by riding through my iphone using the Zwift app (not Zwift companion w/ laptop). So I have almost all the badges, but it’s been extremely frustrating and not enjoyable at all getting them!!

It sound like you have a NVIDIA driver issue. Did you completely remove all NVIDIA drivers from the system and install the drivers from scratch using a clean install.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-th/000190215/installing-nvidia-video-drivers-with-the-clean-installation-option

What are your computer specs. Makuri is a very demanding Map. (I don’t know why)

Put your log files of rides that did not crash in zwiftalizer.com and share a screenshot or link so we can have a look.

you could also try to increase your virtual memory to see if that helps?

I am still unable to access Makuri Island - seems to have the same issue as described here.
Don’t see any workable solutions proposed?

Out of curiosity, can you access Scotland? (I ask because it’s a similarly highly-detailed map that I’d think would take more processing power than other maps.)

it is a much much smaller world though so might not be truly comparable

For sure, just wondering.

I can access Scotland without any issues?

What are the specs for the system you’re running on?

Does the game close when you try to access Makuri? If so what do you see in the Windows Event Viewer about the crash?