Stationary Bike Cadence to Speed with Zwift, Stryde, Peloton etc

I will preface the discussion with “Google Play does not like a screen size over 18 inches” and will not allow Play downloads on oversize screens.

I have a Stryde Bike, very similar to the basic Peloton Bike and has a 21.5 inch Android Tablet Touchscreen. The bike tracks watts, cadence, total power in kj, and the resistance setting. All this data is uploaded to Stryde when you do a workout. However, with the large screen, you cannot run Zwift on the Android Tablet.

My moderately accurate workaround (submarine sailors jury rig everything).
I have installed a Wahoo cadence and speed sensor. The speed sensor is taped to the wheel about an inch from the axle. The Wahoo system talks to my Galaxy S20+ Zwift App which then mirrors to my 2nd laptop monitor. I manually adjust my resistance with what I see for percent grades.

The end result is that I am able to ride and experience the Zwift environment reasonably well, but not so well with regards to speed. If I let my cadence get over 55 on the flats I can really go unreasonably fast. To slow myself, I really crank up the resistance.

I would like my cadence:speed ratio to drop and wonder how I can do this? Which of the trainers that a person can select would meet my needs, even though I am not using that particular model? C’mon engineers, I know you are out there.

And I like my Stryde since I can cruise and watch movies.

Best option is power pedals or if you can install a power crank.

Zwift don’t know what resistance setting you are on and don’t have a power curve for the spinning bike.

1 Like

I have found some ways to turn my bike into a stationary bike to save money as well as get healthy without having to worry about weather conditions. The first thing you need to do is set up the location and set up a stationary bike stand. You can use SONGMICS or Health Line stands to convert. After that, install your bike on the rack. You must put the rear end of the machine on the original bracket. The front-wheel needs to be firmly attached to prevent the bike from slipping. Next is locating the saddle height and handlebars properly, making sure you are comfortable when cycling. So now you have a converted stationary bike.