Spectating, not riding

Similar to the suggestion of having some virtual spectators, it would be nice if we were able to join the crowd when we want to be online but aren’t riding.

Maybe you just want to see who is riding or just log-in to Zwift to look up stats or make changes to our customised profile for example. Or stay in after finishing a ride.

So when we log in the option could be ‘Ride’ or ‘Watch’, with the ability to change status at any point. When you choose ‘Watch’ you could join the crowd of spectators but your name shows up above your avatar, and there could be a list of who is watching/riding.

The avatar would be in a pre-determined fixed place, although an option of joining in the town or at the top of the hill would be nice.

And if you switch status from Ride to Watch, maybe because you’ve been riding with a group and want to see them finish or contest a few laps, it would be the same as logging off in regard to leader jerseys i.e. you lose them.

I like this idea also, but not at the loss of time for the programmers to address some of the other great “riding” add-ons. I’m curious at times to click a name or two when I’m riding, but I never do. It would be a neat way to view the other riders and play around with all that Zwift offers when you’re just a spectator.

you can spectate in Zwift, try clicking on another riders name

@Mark, equally I could just login and stand by the start point but I think it would be nicer and more realistic to have us as spectators.

Maybe with a cowbell option.

I like this too, except to expand it to any place on the island.