Show average w/kg for current KOM jersey holders

(James Hamric) #1

Not so much for the sprint points or even the shorter climbs, but would be good for a laugh when folk are doing longer segments (jungle loop, alp, epic etc). To be clear, I have no delusions of grandeur but I’ve seen some downright hilarious times.

(Brad Warne) #2

I am always seeing Jersey holders that are not hooked up to a smart trainer… plus many trainers at the lower end max out sub 10%… we’ll never know who the true KOM riders are until the playing field can be leveled… maybe the game needs to better understand each smart trainers capabilities… if you have a trainer that maxes out at 10%… then on the radio tower climb it should add 20kg to your weight… or Something to that effect. My trainer hits its upper limit at 14% so, I think only Tacx Neo owners truly know what the 17% climbs are like

(AJ Jersey Queen) #3

Hi, I got the blue goat jersey the other day, i have a smart trainer and on flats I’m usually able to maintain between 2.4-2.8 for an hour; when I climb I usually get to 3.0-3.4 bc I do hardest speed but then I go 4.0 down hills trying to make up for lost time; of course exhausted at the end ; Zwift for life! :slight_smile:

(Nic Haarhoff) #4

These days it’s all about PR’s for me.  KOM times are a joke these days.  I think the overall/leaderboard times should just be removed and keep PR’s as (to your point) they are ridiculous and people without smart trainers etc are usually the ones holding the records.  I like the idea, had a guy pass me doing 8w/kg all the way up the other day.  HR was just pushing 113bpm.  Fittest guy I’ve ever seen in my life.  Frankly it’s pointless and just a sense of frustration for me when I ride and see some of these “efforts.”

Maybe we can add the letters “ST” (for those who have a smart trainers) showing a smart trainer is being used and weight next to the w/kg on the list on the right side of the screen,  and you have a weight reference to have legitimate comparison on the times?  Then you could “opt out” on this data if you liked but times wouldn’t count on the leader boards.

(Andre Hufschmid) #5

Absolutely. This is what i have been requesting for quite some time now that a riders weight is shown on screen. For heavier riders you can just add 85kg+ if they feel uncomfortable if anybody sees their true weight.

Most of the time a KOM is held by someone without Smart Trainer or such. KOMs are just a joke.

Another possibility would be to have different rankings, one for example just for Smart Trainer users.