Setup Zwiftpod for Multiple Bluetooth Receivers

I am using a Garmin Forerunner 935, Garmin HRM Run and a Zwift Footpod when running on a treadmill and using Zwift on an iPhone.

I either find if I start the Forerunner first then it pairs with the footpod and HRM, Zwift then won’t work as it can’t detect the footpod.

If I connect Zwift to the footpod then start the Garmin with the HRM run then Zwift works okay (w/o heart rate) and Garmin logs the run dynamics, heart rate but has really inaccurate distance/speed.

Is there a way I can get the Forerunner to read the speed and heart rate information and then bounce it out to Zwift? Or is it possible to get both Zwift and the Forerunner to listen to the pod and HRM sensor output without monopolising it?

I thought I could put the HRM and footpod direct into Zwift and then synchronise into Garmin Connect after but then I lose the Garmin run dynamics and other features the Forerunner provides.

The Zwift Pod is Bluetooth and Bluetooth only allows one connection to any device or app at a time. If you want to connect a foot pod to multiple receivers you would have to use an ANT+ one like Stryd or Garmin.

3 Likes

Thanks Paul, assume that does mean then that the HRM Run which is Ant+ should be able to talk to Zwift and the Forerunner at the same time?

Yes, ANT+ can connect to multiple devices.