Screen glitch in large events for macOS [October 2022]

@shooj just to add to this again, its stil defintiely there. And, it is apparant on the new maps too (not as bad as some worlds, but it’s still there).

In case this helps:

• The least intrusive version of this is in the minimap at the top right. That will start flickering and going black; when it does, the shadow rendering in the main view flickers as well.

• Your avatars position within the group does affect how deeply the craziness appears…if you’re sat in a group of 100 riders, where your avatar is positioned does influence things. (You can drop off the back, or go off the front of a large group and have no issues…you can position yourse;f at the very front of the group with no issues sometimes, but as soon as you drop into the pack, you can’t see; yet there will be areas within the group where everything is ok)

• This happens with multiple different kits in the ride, or a fixed kit.

• I’m unsure if it happens with a set bike…haven’t been in a situation to test that on a map where the problem occurs yet

• This happens as a leader, regular rider, Robo/Pace bot/partner (whatever the name is now) follower or just when there’s a huge group together.

Cheers

Yep its definitely still happening - just Zwifted and it was happening on and off throughout, Maybe not as much as before.

Had a nightmare on the EVO 160km ride this morning. Course was Neon Flats in Makuri, spent half of the lap staring at a glitchy screen. It got so bad I had to drop out and find another ride.

Come on Zwift, get this sorted please, the current platform experience really isn’t good. We shouldn’t have to pick and choose sessions around whether or not we’ll spend it staring at a colour block screen.

@shooj

Hey all - this should be fixed in game version 1.32 that just released. Please update and let us know either way if you continue to have issues / it is fixed for you.

1 Like

Hi @shooj

Good news! I just tested the neokyo with 100+ riders and it was back to how it was previously. So it appears you’ve fixed it! (I’ll try in an actual group ride, but i’m pretty sure i’d have seen the issues where i was, so, big thanks to you, the devs, project managers and anyone involved).

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @PhilBanks
Thanks for reporting back and letting us know it’s looking good so far. It’s good to hear confirmation.

Hey @shooj can also confirm that this now seems fixed for me too. Group ride with 100+ participants this morning on Makuri and no issues throughout!

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zwift crashing on MACs?

4 votes have been moved.