Samsung tab S6 working well

Quick update my samsung Tab S6 is now working in zwift as good as the tabs S 4. Takes a few attemts to pair but no issues with power or resistance and works well with ERGmode.

1 Like

Hi. Is the tab S6 still working ok or have the December updates upset it?

Hi still working no issues what so ever

Excellent many thanks.

Zwift seems to be the only app which is a nightmare to keep up to date with.

They told me only the Tab S4 would run it kept saying Samsung tablets aren’t powerful enough to run it . I couldn’t understand why the S6 wouldn’t.

Even the very early ipad pro will run it.

Seems they aren’t doing themselves any favours. I think if it was my app I’d be making it able to run on most rather than keep updating it so we have to attempt to keep up.

I didn’t want to buy an S4 then find in December it no longer runs.

Thanks again

Lee.

Hi Paul,

Interested to know if the graphics performance scales, or is it just as rubbish as on the S4?

Hi graphics works fine no issues what so ever same as in tab 6 that matches on the hd tv

Including shadows from buildings / trees etc?

Hi will have chek as on bike in nezt 20 mons cheers

Hi checked and yes get shadows from both trees and buildings

Hi Paul
I just bought a Tab S6 and cannot get Zwift to work (install) on the tablet. Does it still work for you?
Thanks
James

Hi yes works very well although have to keep charger plugged in as uses battery quickly make sure you do not have any other bluetooth devices working when using it and make sure software up to date cheers

try complete re install and then update software hope that helps

Thanks Paul.
I’ll keep preserving, maybe not my tablet then.

James

Hi! If you run the app in S6 or in Ipad for example this new one 10,2 or a flagship phone do you notice any difference in graphics and render?
Trying to get a nice and good device around 400-500€ that’s not bulky as PC but keeps me entertained looking at the scenario details without being too “standard”

No difference to graphics but when you bounce it to the TV via usb hdmi cable it does use battery very quickly

you mean the battery on ipad and s6 or in a specific one or both have the same problem? i have a s10e but the graphics are low quality render in trees or sand for example comparing with computer, would those be better or you don’t know?

Hi presume it is the battery :grinning:

Blockquote No difference to graphics but when you bounce it to the TV via usb hdmi cable it does use battery very quickly

I have a Tab S6 and if I ever plug it into an external screen the battery seems to struggle no matter what app I use - Zoom Zwift etc.

Generally the battery works excellent on the Tab and will use Bluetooth ANT+ and/or a combination brilliantly.

Hi thanks for update, since latest Zwift upgrade i have had no issues redrop. I have just bought a twin charger usb hdmi and now tablet remains at 100% when bouncing picture to TV.