Samsung Tab A SM-T510 not compatible yet

Please make the Tab A model SM-T510 compatible with the regular app. It runs android 9 and was released April 2019. Frustratingly the companion app runs on the device but not the main app. I’m totally frustrated. Please expedite so I can get back on the virtual track. Thanks.

1 Like

Another vote for SM-T510. Not sure why it’s not considered compatible, and incredibly frustrating that I purchased the tablet specifically for zwift.

it would be really good to know what makes something compatible or not - i have some really old android phones that are and some newer with better specs that aren’t.

I can’t work it out, aside from it needs to be android 7 or higher.

1 Like

Any news regarding compatibilty of the TAB A ???

2 Likes

Looking for the same news myself Johan.

2 Likes

The Samsung Tab A has significantly better specs compared to e.g. the Huawei MediaPad T3, which is considered ‘OK’.

The Tab A (10.1", 2019 model):

Referring to the (alleged) requirements mentioned here: https://forums.zwift.com/t/android-supported-devices-updated-march-9th-2019/44902/128

There is no apparent reason it should not be supported.

2 Likes

I’ve got a Tab A SM-T580. I’d rather use it for Zwifting so I can use my phone as a phone. My S10 drops connections in the game if something steals focus, like my wife texting me. It’s getting painful.

I could buy a new laptop, but why? My Tab works great for everything else. Let’s get it supported Zwift!

I am also one of those affected who cannot use their SM-T510 with ZWFIT. I am very disappointed, because it is a very powerful tablet with modern hardware. I honestly don’t know how ZWIFT doesn’t have support for this popular model. My subscription depends on the support of this tablet in the near future

Hello Zwift team,
I also bought the Samsung TAB A 2019 in Nov JUST for Zwift. I was shoked to see, the Tab A is not supportet. I checked the hardware before (also ANT+, Processor, etc.)
I guess, that the hadware should be ok.

• specific instruction sets in the tablet’s processor
  • Support for OpenGL ES 3.0 or higher
  • 1gb of ram or more
    I know some other friends who bought the TAB A. They don´t want to join ZWIFT, if its not supported.
    Dear ZWIFT Team: Please make it running.
1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the feedback. On a different forum, we’ve heard from the Zwift Android Dev on how only one of the 8 different Tab A models are supported. Samsung Tab A incompatible [SOLVED] - #60 by Will_Botti_C

1 Like

I also vote to have the SM-T510 supported by Zwift. This is a 2019 model.

Specs:

|OS |Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI|
|Chipset |Exynos 7904 (14 nm)|
|CPU |Octa-core (2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|GPU |Mali-G71 MP2|

1 Like