Runn accuracy

Hey folks

Bought a Proform 995i and NPE RUNN recently to use with zwift.

Setup no bother, however on use in zwift I’m somewhat perplexed by the accuracy.

I’ve read alot of people with questions about why its 0.1km out however with my treadmill set at 12kph (my work pace), zwift registers 19kph.

Now either the RUNN is wrong or the treadmill is. And going off how RUNN works I would suspect it’s the more accurate of the two, however I just ran a zwift 5k under 19min.

My all time PB for 5k is 23:40 so there is not a chance that’s correct. I literally could not maintain 5k at that pace.

I could calibrate it to the treadmill but I thought that’s not the idea of the RUNN?

Bit of extra info, the motor is 3.0chp, I weigh 60kg give or take a pack of peroni and a dominos and the RUNN is positioned towards the back end of the treadmill about 6inch before it does a 180 underneath. (Only flat spot to stick onto)

You will need to calibrate the Runn to your treadmill. Do this whilst running at your normal pace for best accuracy.

The pace when running will fluctuate a little.

You should then be a little closer.

Remember though that your treadmill PB will be different to your outside PB.

Matt
Would you mind please updating me on how you resolved your initial RUNN issue. I notice a week after your first very fast run you were running at a speed much closer to your expected pace.
Are you still using the RUNN?
I have a RUNN which I am now very pleased with but, in error, initially calibrated my RUNN to my treadmill. Having read more on forums then realised that treadmill speed might be wrong so measured it, found it to be wrong so reset RUNN back to factory setting. My timed/measured belt speed now is reported very accurately by the RUNN, as you might expect from a piece of equipment designed specifically to do just that. This is not the same as the selected speed on the treadmill.
Im wondering whether possibly MPH and KPH factor into an initial calibration?

Morning Ian

I deleted Zwifts calibration basically.

With a RUNN set to factory settings & ignoring Zwifts own calibration efforts, the RUNN is now 0.2-0.1kph under 4-10kph tapering upwards. 10.5kph is perfect & as the speed goes up, the opposite happens where at 13kph im about 13.1kph on Zwift.

That said, its all due to change this week as our Treadmill (Proform 995i) is being returned for a refund as its an absolute waste of space. Rubbish build, glitchy console, fan has never worked, rattles as if its going to fall apart & the speed noticably changes after a prolonged stint (e.g. 5 mins at 12kph) in which it falls by 0.4kph. The treadmill doesnt visualise this but Zwift sees it & you can feel it.

I’ll be trying the RUNN on its replacement once it arrives (JTX Club Pro)

Matt
Thanks for reply, glad everything with Runn now sorted and hope your new treadmill provides a much better running experience.