Request to Make Bologna Available for Clubs and Meetups

It seems that Bologna route is not available in meet ups and club events. Unless there is a practical reason for it not to be, I’d like to request that it be added.

My personal self-serving interest is that it is the first course for the upcoming Zwift Women’s Racing Series in April and we have a group that would like to do a recon ride before that. Unfortunately, Bologna is so unpopular that I when went on Zwifthacks, I found zero upcoming planned rides on this route.

Thanks in advance for considering it.

I think there are still other event only routes that also aren’t available to meetups and clubs. What is the reasoning behind restricting the access? All routes should be available.

2 Likes

Handful of Gravel is another one that comes to mind.

4 Likes

Another is Crit City - you can only do the course in one direction on Clubs and not at all on Meetups.

2 Likes

I think my club would prefer something harder than bologna. Like a nice salami or longaniza.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s because it’s so short. Fitting 1000+ Zwifters into 5 miles (10 if you count the return direction) seems… crowded.
Put it inside another world like Watopia, though :wink:, and it would not be so.

Density of riders would not affect its use in club events or meetups in any way. There would not be 1000+ riders on the route if that’s all they did.

Good point.

That’s my favorite route. I would just ride that route if it was available like that. It’s the perfect miserable clime; you drop dead right at the top every time, and the route is pretty. I thought they would make it a full world. It’s probably snaking roads, bumping hills, and complex architecture everywhere since it’s such an old city to drive the programmers crazy.