Recommendations for computer to use with Zwift

Greetings all Zwifters,

I’m in need of a new computer that I would like to use with Zwift. Ideally a laptop that I can use as a primary computer, and then move it into the shed and use with Zwift. Of course I would like to get a unit with good value, probably don’t need an ultra high-end computer. 

Also, I have been a long time PC/Windows user, but would consider switching to Apple if there are advantages.

So, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Apple TV 4K is a good value proposition. $179 MSRP in the US, with a deal as low as $105 at the moment.

Of course, if every dollar must go for a general purpose computer, than an Apple TV recommendation is irrelevant.

I use the current 27" iMac. Zwift works brilliantly on it.

IMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2017)

4.2 GHz Intel Core i7

40 GB 2400 MHz DDR

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

3TB Fusion Drive.

You don’t need a laptop for this purpose if you also get yourself an Apple TV and a cheap TV - see this post: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360001571931-How-to-get-Zwift-with-the-shadows-on-any-Apple-TV

Advantages of a Mac over a Windows PC - MacOS beautifully integrated with gorgeous hardware.

I used my last iMac for 9 years. Only just this year it can’t run the latest OS, but still works fine. No issues over the 9 years. I felt it was time to upgrade to something with some more modern graphic capabilities. I expect this new iMac to last just as long.