Rank order Zwift worlds: Watopia #1?

Curious what the Zwift community thinks on how the Zwift worlds rank.

Watopia
London
New York
Innsbruck
Richmond

Watopia
New York
Innsbruck
London / Richmond

1 Like

Watopia
London
New York
Richmond
Innsbruck

The course profile is more important to me than the complexity of the scenery. New York has undulating roads; that’s good for some riding. The Richmond profile – full course – is also a good ride with three good little climbs in a row. Watopia and London offer many more course options than any of the others.

1 Like

Watopia
New York
London
Richmond
Innsbruck

Visually Innsbruck is very good but actual riding is pretty mundane. Richmond with its couple of small hills is more interesting to ride especially races but visually very dull.

1 Like

Agree with @Nigel_Doyle 's rankings at the moment, except once the “new”-ness of New York has worn off (probably after a few months), it’ll probably drop to 3rd and London will go back to 2nd again.

Watopia
New York
London
Innsbruck
Richmond

enjoying New York as it’s new. I don’t ride the days when it’s Richmond I hate it that much!

1 Like

Watopia
New York
London
Innsbruck
Richmond

Watopia
London
Innsbruck
New York
Richmond

2 Likes

I agree with Daren, sort of.
I would say:

1. Watopia / New York / Innsbruck
  2. London / Richmond

I’m surprised to see so many people like London. Hills are nice I guess.

Currently:

1. Watopia
  2. London
  3. Richmond
  4. New York
  5. Innsbruck

If they expand New York to have more routes and more overall distance in the world, it will move up to 2 or 3. My problem with New York is it gets really repetitive very quickly.

2 Likes
  1. Watopia
  2. New York
  3. London
  4. Richmond
  5. Innsbruck

Altough it depends on what kind of mood I’m in…

1. Watopia
  2. London
  3. Insbruck
    …
    out of ranking: NY and Richmond.

Cheers, Matz

Watopia
London
Richmond
Innsbruck
New York

1. Watopia (so versatile, so many routes. amazing. many long flat routes. exciting climbs)
  2. London (also quite a few route options)
  3. Innsbruck (would love to see some additional routes there along the river out of the city, for example a part of the team time trial route in the championship)
  4. New York (unfortunately it does get boring very quickly. I would have loved to see some routes on street level between the buildings)

out of ranking Richmond (havent seen it yet. zwifting for only 3 weeks now, but on a daily basis. And it has been New York almost all the time :-/ )

1 Like
  1. Watopia
  2. London
  3. Innsbruck (I’d like to see this world expanded.)
  4. Richmond
  5. New York (I don’t enjoy the glass skyways and the park is too crowded. Hopefully New York will be expanded and include more street level routes.)
1 Like

Watopia
All others are below

Because of Map Schedule i say:

1. Watopia
  2. Richmond
  3. London
  4. New York
  5. Innsbruck

0 voters

Without schedule it would be any map. They are nice but map depends on workout.
If i push hard i will ride hills, mointain routes or maps with a lot of these.

1. Watopia - the potential of fictional setting is only limited by what Zwift is willing to do. With climbs from 1.5 minutes to 40 minutes in length, this world already has a great variety of terrain but it has us begging for more. The Volcano climb, AKA spiral of death climb, is the worst part of this world, in my opinion.
  2. London - without the bridge to the hills, this course would suffer, but with them if gives the option for both flat and short climbs! Great combo in a great all around course.
  3. Innsbruck - the narrow city streets don’t really translate from IRL to Zwift very well. IRL there is the rush of air, the echos and its thrilling. In Zwift, I find it rather boring. The climbs are good stair steppers. Both brutal in there own way, and about the same time to climb them as the EPIC KOMS on watopia. I would love to see the put some more effort into this so it isn’t a repeat of Richmond.
  4. New York - I have no attachment to NYC, probably the biggest flaw here. Central Park means nothing to me. I’m also not all that keen on the “glass” road that shoots into the future. Its small, over crowded and confusing.
  5. Richmond - I like this course for racing, with the 3 punchy climbs in quick succession, it is a fun way to hurt and mix up the racing. I also raced collegiate nationals here so I have an attachment to this world. However, for free riding, the level of effort on Zwift’s part kills this world. They could have expanded this like they did in london but…not worth their resources, I guess. We can’t even ride the course backwards here. Zwift’s lack of effort to keeping improving this course, is what makes it the “worst” of the 5 worlds that are currently available.
2 Likes

Zwift World ranking: -

1. New York (because it shows what the artistic license can do when let free - awesome graphics), but it does need to be larger and not just confined to Central Park.
  2. Watopia - because its so big and varied, but it is starting to look dated.
  3. London - not a big fan but its better than Innsbruck and Richmond.
  4. Innsbruck - again great graphics but way too small a riding area. I would really like to get to those mountains in the distance!
  5. Richmond - now looking dated and rejected, but still ok to ride.

Keep up the great work all - to my mind each new World is vastly superior graphically than the previous ones.

Have a Happy Holidays all!

They look “dated” because they aren’t 100 years in the future with glass roads or what exactly do you mean by this?